Clients that use Full Size products as Demos

Sass E

Okay, I'm going to vent here....I word at the Bare Escentuals counter and this past Saturday was "Trend" for us. It's a fashion show early in the morning and then clients are pampered by all of counters in the Cosmetics, clothing etc departments.
I had a client approach me with her Vanessa Buxom and was asking for a blush that would compliment it. I suggested a few colors and she had me put them on her hand.. okay, np. Then she chose one and then said she might like another as well so I offered her a sample incase she wanted to come back for it at a later time and her response was...
"UUHHH NO...if you're going to get a sample out of that jar there, people aren't congnicent of samples and they've put their fingers and stuff in there and I wouldn't dream of putting that on my face".

I was like okay no problem, I'll ring you up. She bought the blush then a few minutes later I was helping another client and I saw she had it open on our counter and was trying it on, then I saw her shake her head "No" to her friend. Then she walked back up to our counter and told a different gal.."Uh yeah, I want to return this, I dont' like it." ......
angry.gif

Okay, I'm better now.

xStarryEyedX

...fyi, and i'll im you this incase you don't see this post. the minerals are so finely milled that microbial growth is impossible. =)
mascara/lipsticks/glosses are an entirely different story... but we don't make samples of those so whatever.
I've had people bitch about this too, even after saying that... I had some basically ask me what I knew about anything... I was like uh well actually, I'm currently taking microbiology so I happen to know a thing or two.

Just keep that in mind incase she comes back
smiles.gif

baybehbekah

sometimes people just suck and they have nothing better to do than to be douche bags
smiles.gif

but in all seriousness, i completely understand how you are feeling and venting is the best way to get it out! it sounds like you handle the situation just like you were suppose to and that's all you can do for people like that.

i hope you feel better getting it out!
smiles.gif

Sass E

Starryeyed...thanks for the reminder I had forgotten to mention that. I'm booked for Beauty on Location next weekend so I'll try to remember that.
greengrin.gif

Baybehbekah...yeah letting off some steam helps me a lot. I have a very full personal life with my family and my husbands health and work is really to help me to get my mind off of that stuff and do something I enjoy with a paycheck..lol but sometimes...like you said.. the douche bags come out and there's nothing we can do about it.
Thanks you guys!
th_hug.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass E
Starryeyed...thanks for the reminder I had forgotten to mention that. I'm booked for Beauty on Location next weekend so I'll try to remember that.
greengrin.gif

Baybehbekah...yeah letting off some steam helps me a lot. I have a very full personal life with my family and my husbands health and work is really to help me to get my mind off of that stuff and do something I enjoy with a paycheck..lol but sometimes...like you said.. the douche bags come out and there's nothing we can do about it.
Thanks you guys!
th_hug.gif

Except smile real big and in your mind call them a douche bag.
cutey.gif

Sass E

"Except smile real big and in your mind call them a douche bag.
cutey.gif
"

LOL...ms.marymac...hilarious!!!.. So far the client base I am building is fantastic, all wonderful ladies. It's just you get that bad apple every once in a while..
winks.gif

MAC_Pixie04

that shit always makes me laugh, because people who accuse us of having dirty testers and who say they don't "trust" things that other people touch are the same goddamn people who stick their fingers in jars instead of use q-tips and wipe their fingers across products instead of using sponges.

there's nothing you can do, you kinda just have to grin and bear it. it's one of the many many joys of retail.