clinique city block

choseck

Does anyone recommend this for the face? I'm prone to breakouts, want something that won't make my face feel all heavy and weighed down - yet I want it to be protected. Clinique seems like a good choice because I'm hoping it won't be too harsh or anything. Opinions are appreciated!

mskitchmas

I think it's okay. I am a serious SPF shopper...so I've tried many brands. I think lancome's sunblock for face is lighter...but it's not cheap. In my opinion, save a buck, and get the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch. It's very light and works very well.

Mac's new primer is SPF50 and I do notice my pores are a little less visible, and my makeup looks smoother too, but it's not as light as the Neutrogena stuff.

type.gif

choseck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
I dont like the clinique city block. I could feel I was wearing it. Bleh!

Ugh. Okay thanks, that is definitely what I DON'T want!

coachkitten

I agree with everyone above. Even thought it says that it is oil free it feels almost greasy.
I really like lancome (which was said above) or Nutrogena has one that is a really high spf and it is light feeling on the skin.
Clinique just needs to work on getting a light application as it feels so heavy.

choseck

The Neutrogena one isn't specifically for the face is it? Or is it gentle enough and non-oily where it doesn't matter?

jess98765

i use the clinique city block SPF 40. i like it except for the fact that it leaves my face really white....?? maybe its just i don't rub it in enough but i went into work the otherday with just this on and my manager asked how i got so white all of a sudden. lol