Clinique Dramatically Different Gel? And a few other problems...

xtiffineyx

I was needing some moisturizing rec's for my oily acne prone skin. I looked at the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, but I wanted to see what you guys think before I drop 20 bucks on a moisturizer.

I have very nice skin all over my face EXCEPT for my chin! My chin looks like a war zone! I never break out anywhere else but there. I use prescription Benzaclin at night, and I'm on ortho-lo birth control, but nothing seems to help. I've had consistent breakouts on my chin since I was 15. I just don't know what to do. I can't go to the Dermatologist because I don't have insurance. I'm not exaggerating either. It's ALWAYS broke out. I can't even remember a time when it was clear
ssad.gif
It makes me feel horrible because nothing I do clears it up.

So anyways, these past few days I've been skipping my moisturizer (L'oreal Sublime Gradual Tanning face moisturizer) and just using primer and my skin hasn't been getting oily hardly at all. The moisturizer has SPF in it so could that also be why it's staying greasy & breaking out?

I want a moisturizer that will not leave me greasy PERIOD. Any help would be appreciated.

urbanlilyfairy

THe clinique gel I must say is great as far as moisturizing without the heavy feel. I normally buy the gel but im preggo atm and my hormones are crazy so my skin has gotten a bit drier now and i just switched to the lotion. I was finding myself using up a lot of the gel to get me to not feel dry. So yes the gel is really light. I always go back to it ..I branched out and tried a few diffrent lotions recnetly , I tried cetaphil moisturizer waaaay to heavy ..I tried Aveeno positively clear ..it was ok ..but the clinque gel is by far my favorite.

ALso you can get the tube instead of the version with pump. I think the tube is 10 bucks or less ..I know i get the tube here on base at 9.50 I belive and it usually lasts me about 2 months or so. So if you don't want to drop 20 bucks get the tube and if you don't like it that much at least you only spent about 10.

good luck

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
THe clinique gel I must say is great as far as moisturizing without the heavy feel. I normally buy the gel but im preggo atm and my hormones are crazy so my skin has gotten a bit drier now and i just switched to the lotion. I was finding myself using up a lot of the gel to get me to not feel dry. So yes the gel is really light. I always go back to it ..I branched out and tried a few diffrent lotions recnetly , I tried cetaphil moisturizer waaaay to heavy ..I tried Aveeno positively clear ..it was ok ..but the clinque gel is by far my favorite.

ALso you can get the tube instead of the version with pump. I think the tube is 10 bucks or less ..I know i get the tube here on base at 9.50 I belive and it usually lasts me about 2 months or so. So if you don't want to drop 20 bucks get the tube and if you don't like it that much at least you only spent about 10.

good luck

Thank you! I'll have to look for a tube!

laperle

Hi

I saw your post in Deep Thoughts section.

Well, I've tried many birth control and none of them helped my skin.

My skin is super oily and I had serious problems in my chin when I was taking bupropione (an antidepressant). I had to stop it, had several painful facials and started a treatment with two different kinds of acids (plus topic antibiotics) and a moisturizer. All prescripted by my dermatologist (whom I completely trust, she's one of my best friend's mom).

The moisturizer (oil free) does not prevent the oily aspect, but it does not make my skin breakout. It's pretty cheap (+ have 15 SPF), but it's a brazilian phamacological company, I'm pretty sure you won't find it in the US (sorry).

My drama is even worse, 'cos I've felt in love with a sample of this Sisley oil control/pore minimizer complex and it costs 110USD!!! I'm almost buying it, though. My pores never been so tight in my entire teen/adult life. Plus it makes my foundation looks marvelous and literally oil free.

I've heard good things about the Clinique Gel, but I can't put my hands in the fire for it, 'cos I've never tried. At least, it comes in a 125ml bottle.

What about the Shiseido Matifying Moisturizer? I was curious about that too.

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperle
What about the Shiseido Matifying Moisturizer? I was curious about that too.

Hmm, I've never heard of that??? I wonder if anyone can give us some input!

Kiseki

The Shiseido Matifying Moisturizer is OK, not spectacular. It has alcohol though. Hope this helps, I know it isn't much, but it's nothing that I went gah gah over.

yodagirl

I love the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel! I tried a few others before splurging on the bottle and am so happy I ended up trying it. It dries quickly and leaves my face soft without feeling like I rolled my face in cooking oil. I've been using it about two years and haven't even thought once about trying anything else...HTH
smiles.gif

bis

I use it and love it too. It is really a great moisturiser.
You could go to the Clinique counter and ask for a sample. Or you can buy a little tube in a tester/vacation set.

And I always get the tube as well. It is a lot easier to handle and more hygienic. The bottle with the pump is weird
winks.gif

And I should say I have more dry skin and normally use the lotion. But when it is really hot I use the gel.

sonnebutti

try to use something like differin by night, and in the morning you can use a good moisturizer.. cause the differin will help with your pimples and excess oil. I have oily skin and acne prone, and because I use differin I can use Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion every morning.

makeupNdesign

I stumbled upon this product while on a cruise with my hubby--I love it! It's so comfortable to wear, especially during hot humid months and it absorbs almost instantly.

I've been using it for about 6 months now and no break outs either. Highly recommend
smiles.gif