Clinique hiring/interview process?

amyasteroids

About a month ago I replied to a posting online for Macy's hiring a "beauty advisor." I was emailed by Macy's HR shortly after to come in for an interview with the cosmetic manager. The interview went well and she told me they were hiring for the Clinique counter. She said for all Estee Lauder brands they conduct a Talent Plus phone interview to see if I was a good fit for the job.

A few days later Talent Plus called me and scheduled a phone interview. They phone interview also went well and I was contacted by Clinique to come in and have a 3rd interview with a coordinator and counter manager. I felt this interview went best of all. They both seemed to like me and I felt I answered all of their questions perfectly. Not to be overly confident but it felt like it went so well I really expected them to offer me the job at the end of the interview. They even went over things like dress code and training as if they had already decided to hire me. At the end of the interview they asked me if I "would be around later that day"? I told them I lived close and was free the rest of the day. They said they wanted to touch base with the cosmetics mananger & they would contact me soon. This was last Friday.

The next day Macy's HR contacted me and asked if I could come in to meet with someone on Tuesday. I was really excited and assumed this meant I got the job. I went in and one of the retail manangers interviewed me. She said the cosmetic manager really liked me and wanted me to interview for a retail position elsewhere in the store just incase Clinique didnt hire me. She told me to contact HR again if I didnt hear back from Clinique in a week or so.

I'm just wondering has anyone gone through this process before? Does this mean I didn't get the job with Clinque? Is it too soon to follow up with them? (it's been 4 days) Do I call the Clinque counter manager? I really want this job and I am kind of confused. I was honestly sure I got the job, it was a really solid interview.

cleopatrananton

You are still missing one interview - with the account executive for Clinique. That is probably who they are waiting on. It sounds like they like you a lot, be patient, I'm sure you will hear from them soon.

kiddles412

How many days after your interview at Clinique did Talent Plus call you?

I applied for a position to be a Clinique beauty consultant at a department store. The Assistant store manager called me this week on Monday to ask if I could come in for an interview. We scheduled it for Wednesday. I had an hour interview with her and the store manager. They both wanted me to meet the Clinique counter manager but her shift was over in ten minutes so they asked if I could come back in the next day and interview with her. Then they told me Talent Plus will be calling me soon to schedule a phone interview. So I went to the interview the next day and it went great. We talked about Clinique and skin care. She removed my makeup and did an consultation on me. She seemed to be pretty impressed with all that I know. I am a licensed Cosmetologist and I have always loved skin care and makeup. Its an obsession!

I was just wondering when Talent Plus will call me to set up the interview. My interviews were Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Today is Saturday Should I call to tell them they have not called me yet? Its only been one day. But I am impatient and want this job so bad!!

forever020

I'm hoping that by now you have recieved a call from talent plus. I had an interview several weeks ago on a Thursday and talent plus called me the very next day to set up my interview.

makeup2293

I also have interview with Clinique and met the vendor for Lauder and taken the talent plus but that was Friday and today is Wednesday I have yet to met the manager for Clinique and I'm a little nervous because I'm not sure about the call back