Clinique Makeup

funkychik02

Re: Clinique makeup

I love their plumping l/g! It really works!
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
I love Clinique's tinted moisturiser, Moisture Sheer Tint. It's the only one I've found that's actually truly matte (I have oily skin so this is really important!) It has good coverage too, kind of like a lightweight foundation.

i also love this! the only annoying thing is that i got the wrong shade.
ssad.gif
in store it looked fine but then when i got it home it looks a little too pink on my skin! however when on holidays i use it because if i'm in a hit place i go a little pinker anyways so it doesn't look out of place.

franken_stein

I absolutely Clinique! It's pretty much the only thing I use for skin care. Since I'm always using and replacing the same things (the 3-step skin care) I try to buy them whenever they have giveaways. They usually do gift with purchase promotions, so I get to try a bunch of their makeup samples. Most of the time you get a small bag of stuff when you buy over a certain amount ($21? sometimes different? I can't remember!).

So, I haven't really bought much of their makeup besides their face powders, foundations, and eyeliner... but I have so many samples! I really like their lipsticks, and I always get tiny little eyeshadow or eyeshadow/blush palettes. I almost always like those ones. Right now I'm using a little sample palette of Like Mink eyeshadow, and I love it because they're nice neutral colors.

Oh, and you wouldn't believe how many mascaras I've accumulated through these giveaways. The High Definition Lashes one has an amazing looking wand.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I really like Clinique. It for sure does not offer bright and out there colors like MAC but they have great quality and color pay off. My favorite is the sunburst duo and no show taupes. I have used both of those colors for years. I also agree that their matte shadows are excellent. They also have awesome blushes,foundation products, and mascaras. Not to mention great skin care.

I don't have as many shadows since collecting MAC, but my two favorites are Strawberry Fudge and Sunburst. The coral color in the latter works better for me than Paradisco.

InspiredBlue

I have one makeup product from Clinique that I've used lots. The funny thing is that it is a little palette with three eyeshadows that I got as a Bonus Time gift ages ago. It's a white shimmer, a beige shadow and a medium brown shadow, that make a great natural every day look. If the same combo was sold, I'd probably buy it, but I haven't seen it.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein
I absolutely Clinique! It's pretty much the only thing I use for skin care. Since I'm always using and replacing the same things (the 3-step skin care) I try to buy them whenever they have giveaways. They usually do gift with purchase promotions, so I get to try a bunch of their makeup samples. Most of the time you get a small bag of stuff when you buy over a certain amount ($21? sometimes different? I can't remember!).

So, I haven't really bought much of their makeup besides their face powders, foundations, and eyeliner... but I have so many samples! I really like their lipsticks, and I always get tiny little eyeshadow or eyeshadow/blush palettes. I almost always like those ones. Right now I'm using a little sample palette of Like Mink eyeshadow, and I love it because they're nice neutral colors.

Oh, and you wouldn't believe how many mascaras I've accumulated through these giveaways. The High Definition Lashes one has an amazing looking wand.

Well I know Macy's is going to have gift in October (the 7th actually) and the purchase is still $21.50 or more. Since I work for them I really like ours for once (Macy's one, it has apples on it!) Nordies and Saks too. The others weren't really that special this season. I used to be able to see the gifts from the International stores but they didn't give us that this time :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I have one makeup product from Clinique that I've used lots. The funny thing is that it is a little palette with three eyeshadows that I got as a Bonus Time gift ages ago. It's a white shimmer, a beige shadow and a medium brown shadow, that make a great natural every day look. If the same combo was sold, I'd probably buy it, but I haven't seen it.

Are the colors on the back of the palette still? I could tell ya if we still sell it and if they did come in a set or not
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Are the colors on the back of the palette still? I could tell ya if we still sell it and if they did come in a set or not
smiles.gif

It says "High impact eye shadow trio, Double date & Sugar sugar"

I assume one of the names (probably Double date) is for some sort of duo, since it's really three shades.

SmokeSignal16

Oh yeah Double Date is sold in a duo and Sugar Sugar is a single eyeshadow shade, those arent going away anytime soon so your good!

InspiredBlue

Super! Maybe I'll get those the next time they have Bonus Time.
winks.gif
I'm a sucker for those little gifts with purchase.
blush-anim-cl.gif

SmokeSignal16

Yeah def check in with your local counters and they can tell ya when they will have gift so you don't miss out, also register on clinique.com and they can let you know when your nearest counters are in gift too!

Tavia

Clinique Makeup Collection for Spring 2010 will be available in January.
The Juiced Up Colour collection contains:
Vitamin C Antioxidant Lip Color Lip Smoothie available in 6 shades:
  • Pink Me Up
  • Goodness Grapecious
  • Nude-Tritious
  • Mango-Thon
  • Berry Boost
  • Peach Power
Picked Fresh Eyeshadow Duo - Limited Edition - available in:
  • Fresh Picked Berry
  • Picked Fresh Pear
Fresh Picked Allover Colour Blush in
  • Mixed Berry
Blush Brush
Here you can see all the products photos, find out other info and prices.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia
Clinique Makeup Collection for Spring 2010 will be available in January.
The Juiced Up Colour collection contains:
Vitamin C Antioxidant Lip Color Lip Smoothie available in 6 shades:
  • Pink Me Up
  • Goodness Grapecious
  • Nude-Tritious
  • Mango-Thon
  • Berry Boost
  • Peach Power
Picked Fresh Eyeshadow Duo - Limited Edition - available in:
  • Fresh Picked Berry
  • Picked Fresh Pear
Fresh Picked Allover Colour Blush in
  • Mixed Berry
Blush Brush
Here you can see all the products photos, find out other info and prices.

Yeah the Lip Smoothies we already sell all of the shades but 2 (Berry Boost, Peach Power) and those 2 shades will most likely be limited edition. The new High Lengths mascara will be out in January so we should be getting it anytime now, and I know it's most likely going to be the water resistant formula so you have to use warm water to remove it. I'm probably sure the eyeshadows and blush are going to look like everything else that we sell, I hate how we never get any fun colors! And actually I think there will be 4 eyeshadow duos not 2. That's what our AC said anyway but sometimes she can be loopy! I won't know anything about Spring till our seminar in the end of January.

Tavia

Thanks so much for the info. If you have any more news pls let me know
smiles.gif
I will be happy to post it on my blog
smiles.gif

Nicala

A few years back, my mom was a complete clinique fanatic! She liked it because of her sensitive skin. Then I got her into other products. :p

Also, last time she went in to buy foundation for both her and myself, the lady at the counter gave us completely worth foundation shades! They were both darker than us and extremely pink. :/

On top of that, it made me break out (superbalanced liquid foundation). I'm not a fan of the eyeshadows. They're not that pigmented unfortunately. I do like their lip products though.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia
Thanks so much for the info. If you have any more news pls let me know
smiles.gif
I will be happy to post it on my blog
smiles.gif

Will do! It sucks I won't have my info till February 3rd tho..that's when I'll go to my strategy to see what's coming out for Spring and Summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
A few years back, my mom was a complete clinique fanatic! She liked it because of her sensitive skin. Then I got her into other products. :p

Also, last time she went in to buy foundation for both her and myself, the lady at the counter gave us completely worth foundation shades! They were both darker than us and extremely pink. :/

On top of that, it made me break out (superbalanced liquid foundation). I'm not a fan of the eyeshadows. They're not that pigmented unfortunately. I do like their lip products though.

Ah that sucks I hate it when other Clinique girls match people wrong! I always wonder where did they come up with that shade?! I'm not perfect but I usually do the best I can. And yeah I def do not like Superbalanced either! I have oily skin and it just made me oilier and stick to what little pores I have. Superfit is a nice foundation but the lightest shade is still way too dark for me, seems to be the case with all of my foundations, the shades that do match me I can't wear because my skin doesn't like it, but the formulas my skin does like are all too dark even if it is the lightest shade! I can't win
sigh.gif
And eyeshadows are really hit or miss too.

Fianna

Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life but I have a question about Clinique Makeup.

I would love to try the new Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup since I also use the rest of the anti redness series and it got great reviews over at MUA.
Unfortunately it isn't available here in Germany (yet?) but since I have someone who could buy it for me and send it, it's no problem.

My problem is that I don't know which shade I should buy. I had a live chat with one of their counselors but that didn't help me that much because she didn't know how MAC shades compared to the Clinique shades. She told me to try calming ivory or calming fair but I don't know if that would be the right one. The reviews on MUA are really mixed about what shade for what skin. I'm NC20 at MAC and definitely need a yellowish foundation shade so it maches my neck and decollete.

Does any of you lovely ladies use this foundation or does know how it translates to MAC shades? It would be really appreciated and I would be so grateful for your help.
Thank you in advance. =)

Nicala

On top of that, it made me break out (superbalanced liquid foundation). I'm not a fan of the eyeshadows. They're not that pigmented unfortunately. I do like their lip products though. Ah that sucks I hate it when other Clinique girls match people wrong! I always wonder where did they come up with that shade?! I'm not perfect but I usually do the best I can. And yeah I def do not like Superbalanced either! I have oily skin and it just made me oilier and stick to what little pores I have. Superfit is a nice foundation but the lightest shade is still way too dark for me, seems to be the case with all of my foundations, the shades that do match me I can't wear because my skin doesn't like it, but the formulas my skin does like are all too dark even if it is the lightest shade! I can't win
sigh.gif
And eyeshadows are really hit or miss too.
Yeah most of Clinique products have been a miss for me. :( I'm using the Dramatically Diff. Gel and I'm pretty pleased with that!

MarieMary

Clinique is giving nail polish another go with a permanent collection of 12 shades, and 9 LE for summer:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/03/clinique-nail-enamel-2013.html