Clinique Skin Care Line

kelcia

Hey guys!
So. I'm going to the states (hopeful shopping fest my mom might stop me)
But I was looking into the Clinique skin care line and I was wondering what you guys think are the best products from it.
I don't want to spend loads of money on skincare so that's why i'm asking for only the best.

I have somewhat oily skin, I don't have a problem with acne anymore but I do have scars.

And if you guys have recs for a moisturizer I'm in the market for a new one. I've been using a Neutrogena one for acne but it's fixed my skin pretty well and I need something to actually keep my skin really moist. I'm moving from the island to Orlando so I know i'm going to have a problem with dry skin.
THANKS!

glam8babe

most of there products are a hit or miss really... lots of people swear by the 3 step system and lots of people get bad breakouts from it

if you go on makeupalley.com and type in the product, you can see all the reviews
thats what i always do, that way you can see if people with similar skin to you like the product or not

yupitzTara

i use the 3 step stuff. i actually really like it. i also have oily skin, & it helped with my breakouts (i rarely have them now). I also like the dramatically different moisturizing GEL. it moisturizes, but doesnt leave my face feeling greasy, but still moisturized. I actually got this 3step stuff for christmas, and since i liked it a lot i bought it again when it ran out. i hope this was of some help to you.

bis

I am using their 3step system as well and I have sensitive skin and I like it. When needed I also use their Moisture surge cream.

They give you small sample for it when you ask. Give it a try and see how your skin likes it.

kaexbabey

i use the 3-step and it works for me. i have combination skin but i use the clarifying lotion (toner) in mild which is actually for really dry skin. i dont get oily from it though, and i think the difference with the mild compared to the numbered toners is that there's no alcohol, so it doesnt dry out your face. the MA also said there's aloe in it or something.

red.pill

hey! with your skin, i would get:
mild clarifying lotion - it contains no alcohol and it still has some salicylic acid (the 1,2,3,4 lotions have so much alcohol that they literary burn on my skin)
DDMG

i know they have some turnaround stuff for oily skin but i don't know it that well. you might look that one up.

i personally love Superdefense but it does break some (not many, but a few) people out. and Contuinous antioxidant moisturizer has also a lot of good stuff in it, but if might be too heavy if you have oily skin.

if you have scars, if is probably too late, but the only thing that may help you out is something with glycolic acid. avon has this pads in Anew line that really helped my sister. but when using AHA's of BHA's you should always wear good UV protection!

Kiseki

Every single moisturizer clinique has broken me out, it's a shame I really wanted to like it and always ended up having to stay away (and protect my bathroom with garlic and crucifixes), I have sensitive reactive skin and therefore the toners dry my skin to no end and all formulas of their moisturizer either make me look greasy or break me out. That said, the line is popular with loads of people, so either get samples or buy one of those small try-out bags they sometimes have to give it a test drive.

jbid

superdefense broke me out horribly and the toner (no2 i guess) burns my face (too much alcohol). i'm still using the cleanser, it's ok but not irreplaceable.

kelcia

Hey thanks guys! I couldn't find this thread for a while. but I did now!
I've been in the states for 2 weeks now. And my face has cleared up really well. I've been using cetaphil (who knew) and a dove face moisturizer. I'm thinking the dryer climate has also helped.

I'm thinking of going in for some microdermabrasion for the scars but might try that avon stuff too!

xiahe

I have sensitive acne-prone skin. I'm somewhat more oily in the summer [with occassional dry spots] and drier in the winter. I used Clinique's Acne Solutions line for awhile and it worked...for awhile. Then I noticed that it wasn't helping me much. I love their moisturizer (their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) but the bad thing is is that it doesn't contain any SPF
thmbdn.gif

I decided to switch to Boscia's Clear Complexion line. I absolutely adore it! I've been using their Oil Free Daily Hydration SPF15 for awhile which I also looooove (my only gripe is that it's $27 for such a small tube!) along with their green tea oil blotting tissues. I was recommended the Clear Complexion line from a very helpful SA at Sephora. She wouldn't recommend it for those with more serious acne (especially cystic acne), though - only for those with mild acne. Boscia claims for their products to be pH-balanced (and I believe it because this stuff does NOT dry my face out!) along with paraben and preservative free!
thmbup.gif
The kit contains 4 products:

Clear Complexion Cleanser with Botanical Blast: finally I have found something that doesn't dry my face out! Although I loved the Clinique Acne Solutions foaming cleanser, I think it was too harsh for my face. This stuff isn't. It's a gel, not a foam, and I only use a pea-sized drop - it lathers up very nicely! It has a fresh clean scent to it, too. My face feels really clean after using but it also doesn't feel dry or tight which is a plus.

Clear Complexion Tonic with Botanical Blast: you spray this stuff on your face. It has a fresh clean scent (different from the cleanser imo) - to me it's invigorating. I love the way the tonic feels on my face! It doesn't dry it out or anything.

Clear Complexion Treatment with Botanical Blast: this stuff is a gel. I put it on my problematic spots - and it doesn't dry me out AT ALL!!!!
yahoo.gif

Oil Free Daily Hydration SPF15

My skin feels better and this stuff really has helped calm my acne! I absolutely love it! The Clear Complexion kit is $45 (only available at Sephora tho idk where else they would sell Boscia products lol
th_dunno.gif
) and it's a 30-day supply but I use everything in very small amounts so I'm sure this will last me more than 30 days. After I'm done with the kit I plan on buying the full-sized version of everything
greengrin.gif