Clinique : superbalanced foundation

melly_x

Have any of you tried it? The girl at the clinique counter reccomended it to me today, but I'm not sure..

What did you think of it if you have used it?

Dreamergirl3

I tried a sample and I loved it. It spread easily and wasn't to heavy, matte, or sheer. I'm actually thinking of buying it when I get some xmas money!

melly_x

cool!, thanks i think i'll be buying it with my next paycheck
smiles.gif

canadiangirl_1117

I love this foundation
greengrin.gif
Keeps the oily spots matte and the drier spots nice and moisturized without being a heavy feeling foundation. I wore it on my wedding day and my skin looked FLAWLESS.

maianne

I used to use Superbalanced... it looked ok on me and didn't make me break out like other foundations can. Not too heavy. However, I found that the colour was just a liiiitle bit off - the best match for me was just a tad too "pinky" for my liking. So I switched to Chanel Teint Fluide Universel, which is absolutely awesome - way better colour match if you have more yellow undertones. I find that it leaves a much more natural-looking and smooth finish whereas Superbalanced sometimes looked uneven and slightly powdery/chalky. Plus, Chanel's has SPF 15 whereas Clinique's doesn't (although a lot of people hate spf in their foundation anyway). And I'm a little dubious about the claims that it absorbs oil AND provides moisture where needed - I think instead that it's more of a "balanced" formula for combination skin and doesn't actually absorb anything (absorb it where, btw??) - plus, I've read articles where professionals claim that a foundation cannot do this anyway. Sorry to be a bit of a naysayer - but I guess it all boils down to trying it out - if it works for you and matches your skin tone, then go for it! All in all I found it not too bad, but there are better foundations out there.

melly_x

Thanks for your comments
greengrin.gif

I think I will try it out, I'll never find the perfect foundation for me if I don't try
greengrin.gif