Closest l/s to Stroke of Lust

ancilla

(I tried doing a search! I looked up swatches and fotd's and it's hard to tell with variations in lighting/etc. I also tried to find the official MAC description of the shade, to compare to current shades, but it's not on the Collections page.)

Can someone please tell me the closest lipstick to Stroke of Lust from the Lure collection? Something that is not a frost finish please!

I have a feeling that it could be either Lovelorn or Politely Pink, but I'm just not sure without being able to compare them in person. All's Fair looked like it might be sort of close as well, but maybe it's too dark.

My nearest counter is an hour+ train-ride away, so I'd appreciate any input on this.

Thanks!

Fairybelle

After careful comparison of my MAC Stroke of Lust l/s (yes, I still have one...along with all the other Lure collection l/s), I will say that Lovelorn is one of the closest dupes for Stroke of Lust. However, a word of caution: Lovelorn is a creamier, more intense form of Stroke of Lust. Although both are Lustre colors, Lovelorn has more pigment. If you want the same look that Stroke of Lust gives, recommend that you use chapstick or, better yet, a nice coating of MAC Tendertone lip balm FIRST, then apply Lovelorn. Should give you that nice sheer pink without sparkles!! HTH!!!

ancilla

Awesome, that's the one I will order. Thank you!!

I think the only reason I still have this colour is I am afraid to use it all up. I never expected that it would turn out to be my favourite for everyday!