Clothes for skinny girls

trangB

I just wanna know everyone's opinions on clothes that would flatter the body shape of skinny girls. I'm 5.5 ft and weigh 110 lbs, way too skinny lol...Thanks
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Pretty much anything charlotte russe or Forever 21 sells. Or Agaci. Or Hollister, A&F, and Juicy.

Odette

TrangB what type of skinny are you? It really depends on your body shape. Are you a rectangle, triangle, hour glass or inverted triangle. Also you personal style would be helpful. Any ways here are some ideas if you are a skirt girl anything that flared out or has pleats would be good but not longer than below the knees. Make sure you wear pants that fit. Don't go too tight just because you are skinny you don't want to look like a beanpole. Also make sure things are not too baggy either. A good idea is to look at celebrities with the same body type as you and see what they wear, pay attention to the shape/cut of clothing and types of fabrics.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Pretty much anything charlotte russe or Forever 21 sells. Or Agaci. Or Hollister, A&F, and Juicy.

Express has nice stuff as well.

Forever 21 is cheap. We joke about that place being wear it once, because once you wash it, their stuff tends to fall apart.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
TrangB what type of skinny are you? It really depends on your body shape. Are you a rectangle, triangle, hour glass or inverted triangle. Also you personal style would be helpful. Any ways here are some ideas if you are a skirt girl anything that flared out or has pleats would be good but not longer than below the knees. Make sure you wear pants that fit. Don't go too tight just because you are skinny you don't want to look like a beanpole. Also make sure things are not too baggy either. A good idea is to look at celebrities with the same body type as you and see what they wear, pay attention to the shape/cut of clothing and types of fabrics.

Pretty good avice here.

Skirt style is right on. If your like me and have no hips, skirts that flaire out and give the illusion of curves are nice. Same with the pants, but I dunno, the beanpole look is kinda in still heh.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Express has nice stuff as well.

Forever 21 is cheap. We joke about that place being wear it once, because once you wash it, their stuff tends to fall apart.

Eh, I've gotten some REALLY good work slacks there, before, but as far as their trendy type stuff, you're right. Which, I guess is okay, because trends change weekly.
winks.gif

trangB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette

Inverted triangle I guess...and I don't really have curves
weeping.gif
so it's kinda hard for me to find clothes that look great on me. I'm so in love with skirts
eyelove.gif
but I only wear them often recently. I haven't really found a perfect pair of pants. Thanks for your advice! They're really helpful

macluver909

you want to get jeans that have small back pockets like 5in or so they will make your bum look bigger with str leg. for hips get jeans that have detailing or a cargo style pockets on the front (cargo look good and are good for curves) belts are also good to create curves.

Odette

More information for you TrangB
Tops: high neck tanks, narrow v-necks, shirts/blouses with vertical pleating, ruffles, and frills especially down the front panel, alters but not with a defined bust

Jackets: nipped in at the waist, make sure it fits, double breasted,
piping in contrasting colours, check out those jackets in the stores right now with the wide collars/lapels and large buttons but in a light
colour fabric

Skirts: with pleats, panels, trumpet style skirts

Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

fairytale22

If you have a "straight" figure skinny jeans are awesome 'cause they make you look like you have hips.
smiles.gif
I love wearing them!

AliVix1

nicole riche fashion.. lol i dunno i like wearing skinny jeans/leggings with oversized shirts that are a little longer with heels if im going out... its hard when ur skinny to wear tight things up top with out looking pathetically frail... (aka how i got my nickname spaghetti arms)

TangoMango

H&M has clothes for skinny girls. Depending on which one I go to, I can find clothes that fit. I usually have a hard time finding a waist belt, but they actually had one that fit me! Zara also makes clothes that fit small. Their Small fits like an X-Small.

PolyphonicLove

wet seal...you can try them. although I'm 5'9 and weigh 147, I cant wear most clothes because of the cursed 38 D bust...sucks, Im skinny and cant wear skinny clothes!

oh, try old navy - they have sizes that go into the zero range.

Magic Markers

Whoo I'm 5'6" and like 105-110 lbs too
smiles.gif
But I have an hourglass figure... (Deformed, I know)

Try Ross. They have amazing clothes. I can always find something that fits there.

For jeans: I try to go with a lower rise so that it hits at the fullest part of the hips. Straight or flared are usually best. I don't think that bootcut look very good on me for some reason.

Tops: I usually wear tops with "floaty" sleeves and I really like v-necks and square necklines.

Uhm, that's all I can think of sorry.

amelia.jayde

i'm about the same size as you and i find that tops that are slightly longer than my hips and clingy around the waist/hips area make me look curvier.

laurenmo88

SKINNY IS FABULOUS! i used to have such a hard time finding what i should wear, i didn't know how to dress myself or what even looked good on my body-type but i've had a lot of help from employees at stores and from my fashionable best friend...so here is my help!

i am a little taller than you but same weight and what i try to do is look at all the skinny celebrities like Odette & AliVix1 said. i find that super easy just take a look at paris hilton or petra nemcova...skinny jeans are something i just recently tried & they look so much better on me than any other cut of jean! they hug all the right parts & if they are long you can bunch them up around the ankles and it looks adorable! pair skinny jeans with a cute flowy top, for summer think of tube tops like this
p319819c.jpg
or tanks like this
p378939d.jpg
p342183c.jpg

are reallly flattering
if you consider yourself a TALL skinny girl go with some cute flats - metallic or satin, maybe some leather sandals
if you think you're a shorter skinny girl i would add some wedge sandals, or a retro leather pump in a matte-like finish
smiles.gif

just remember always try things on in store! because i used to pick things up in my size then bring it home & it didnt look the way i hoped! so try everything on, and shop in outfits - when you pick something up look for something you could pair it with, or imagine something in your already existing wardrobe

mzreyes

I'm 5'3" and 105 lbs. I HATE IT!!! I have failed in my many attempts to gain weight anywho... My favorite places to shop are...

wet seal, forever 21, charlotte russe, H&M..

express and old navy sizes run too big for me. and it's hard to find jeans!

Sar

you know when you wear skinny jeans with little cute tops..what sorta jackets are you supposed to wear?

Latest posts