Club e/s help please!!

sambibabe

Sorry, if this question was covered before. I tried to search it, but after 14 pages of flickin' through - I gave up!

My gorgeous MUA had Club e/s all over her lid and you could see the subtle, beautiful green duochrome. So today, I tried it - bleh.. all I could see was brown!! How could I get the green out? Basically I want the color I see in the pot to appear on my lid
yes.gif

TIA!!

Ruby_Woo

You can get that look by using a brown base. Something like teddy liner all over the lid, or groundwork paint pot too
smiles.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
You can get that look by using a brown base. Something like teddy liner all over the lid, or groundwork paint pot too
smiles.gif

I actually applied Club e/s on top of Mystery e/s and that went brown
ssad.gif

GlamQueen21

You can use either Groundwork p/p or Constructivist p/p to make Club e/s pop or Blackground p/p to make the green duochrome stand out.

ladyJ

I had the same type of problem. Now I use blacktrack fluidline on the lid then I pack on club. Then I like of smoke it out with carbon.

sambibabe

Thanks ladies. I think my MUA said she used some sort of dark eyeshadow as base & crease though.. Would it be like Carbon or Typography? I should ring her, but she only works on the weekends. And I need to know NOW!
greengrin.gif

rosasola1

u cant use an eyeshadow as a base.... powder on powder doesn't work. you need something tacky. she probably said a black base.

sambibabe

I managed to track my MUA! Apparently she used Satin Taupe e/s?
icon_eek.gif
But then she also said she has green eyes, so they help to bring green duochrome out. Since I have dark brown eyes, she suggested to use green base like Moss scape p/p.
th_dunno.gif

sambibabe

I just got home.. Tried Club on top of Moss scape p/p as my MUA suggested and OMG, it is gorgeous! I can see the green duochrome!! Finally I found use for Moss scape, too lol. Can't wait to try Club with Blackground tomorow
greengrin.gif

LoopyLoo

Try it with Delft as a base
Try it in the crease and v with Aquadisiac or Steamy on outer half lid

Both wowzer looks
winks.gif

chiara

I would definitely suggest using a green or blue base. I don't have club, but I have manor (from one of the holidays palettes) which is a very similar color. I used it with delph paintpot as a base and it really made the green/teal pop.

sambibabe

^^ You guys rock!! I just swatched Club + Delft and Club + Electro Sky and gawd, they look gorgeous!! Both combinations gave mysterious khaki teal - very pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosasola1
u cant use an eyeshadow as a base.... powder on powder doesn't work. you need something tacky. she probably said a black base.

Yeah, I do all the time. I use eyeshadow as base (sometimes pigments mixed with mixing medium or Fix +) and lay another eyeshadow on the top to create unique color. Like how you do the watercolor painting
winks.gif

makeupmag

Try it over Jade Shadestick too, if you have it. I've used it several times to bring out the green while keeping the brown tones.