Coke, L'Oréal Partner For New “Beauty Beverage”

macslut

Not sure wwhere this goes. It is a little weird so I put it in chatter.

From Morning News Beat:

BrandWeek reports that Coca-Cola and L'Oréal are working together to create a nutraceutical product described as a “beauty beverage” that will appeal to “active, influential, image-conscious women over the age of 25 who embrace health and wellness.”

According to the story, the product currently is called Lumaé, “is still in the early stages of development” and “is expected to contain ingredients that will help women care for their skin.”

Distribution of the beverage is expected to be unconventional. “Coke is interested in marketing and distributing Lumaé like a beauty brand instead of a soft drink,” BrandWeek writes. “Early plans call for distribution in Saks Fifth Avenue (instead of Coke's usual venues, like 7-Eleven). This could ruffle bottlers' feathers, said a source, considering beauty salons and the like aren't the typical stops on a distributor's route. Product testing is expected to begin shortly.”

Coke has been moving steadily into this segment of the beverage business, launching Enviga, purported to help burn calories, and with a planned unveiling of a version of Diet Coke enhanced with vitamins and minerals.

In my opinion, drink your water and take your vitamins and you should be fine. I don't even want to think about what this will taste like.

Here are Morning News Beat's comments:

A beauty beverage? Hmmm….

We always thought water was said to be good for one’s skin. But we suppose that there is a real thirst in the marketplace for any product that even hints that it could be a magic bullet.

Somehow, it seems like a sexist construct.

Can you imagine what would happen if some company introduced a so-called “macho beverage” that “contained ingredients that will help men care for their mojo”?

Wait a minute. There is such a beverage.

It’s called beer.

Actually, now that we think about it, beer also could be referred to as a beauty beverage. After all, you drink enough of it, and almost anyone looks beautiful…

(But seriously, folks…)

Hawkeye

What is it going to do?
You drink it and you have a package of glowy foundation stuff on the bottom of the thing?

Or is it supposidly supposed to make you look 30 years younger?

And are they going to charge up $50 a can so that we can all look "beautiful" while drinking nasty drinks?

Beauty Mark

Is this going to be some fancy vitamin water or juice?

I wonder how fast this going to go off the market

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Is this going to be some fancy vitamin water or juice?

I wonder how fast this going to go off the market

I give it 6 months.

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
What is it going to do?
You drink it and you have a package of glowy foundation stuff on the bottom of the thing?

Or is it supposidly supposed to make you look 30 years younger?

And are they going to charge up $50 a can so that we can all look "beautiful" while drinking nasty drinks?

lmao.gif

I really think they think women are stupid.

spectrolite

OoOoOo Yummy. A delicious low calorie, sugar free cocktail of stem cells and collegan at last! Maybe they can include an ingredient that gradually tans you as you drink as well.

Yeah... this is one of the best ideas ever. Just like Crystal Pepsi.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut
Somehow, it seems like a sexist construct.

Can you imagine what would happen if some company introduced a so-called “macho beverage” that “contained ingredients that will help men care for their mojo”?

Wait a minute. There is such a beverage.

It’s called beer.

Actually, now that we think about it, beer also could be referred to as a beauty beverage. After all, you drink enough of it, and almost anyone looks beautiful…

(But seriously, folks…)

lmao.gif
Good one!

Dark_Phoenix

Well I like Tab Energy that's geared towards women needing "energy to be fabulous" so I wouldn't totally put it out of the question to try...

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
Well I like Tab Energy that's geared towards women needing "energy to be fabulous" so I wouldn't totally put it out of the question to try...

LOL Isn't that the drink in the bright pink can? I <3 that one lol...

Just the fact it's in a hot pink can makes me buy it over other brands LOL!

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
OoOoOo Yummy. A delicious low calorie, sugar free cocktail of stem cells and collegan at last! Maybe they can include an ingredient that gradually tans you as you drink as well.

Ew ew ew! Hahaha. The "stem cells and collagen" part is just....too much.
rofl.gif
Honestly, I might buy it if it were affordable and something like one of those yogurt shakes or smoothies, but I really dislike vitamin waters or other "enhanced" waters, they just taste like watered down versions of Gatorade or lemonade or whatever.

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
LOL Isn't that the drink in the bright pink can? I <3 that one lol...

Just the fact it's in a hot pink can makes me buy it over other brands LOL!

Yes! I think it's tasty and sooo girly. Red Bull looks like piss when you pour it in a glass but at least Tab is pink and girly and still looks appetizing ^.~

Latest posts