Color Combo's

AllThatGlitters

Can anyone suggest some eye shadow color combinations in the "neutral" family. (Pinks, browns, peaches etc) I'm in a musical and want some new colors that will make my eyes pop. A highlight, crease color, mid tone, and liner color would be nice. I have blue eyes and I wear NW20 foundation in studio tech. In the show I have a black wig as well as one thats a brown red color. I'm just lost when it comes to matching colors together. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

user2

For my musical I used Coppering, Mythology and Gleam from outside to the inside...
Or some Amber Lights outside and some Pollen inside...
Or just try some new D'Bohemia stuff...D'Bohemia, Gleam and Deckchair...

jeanna

My favorite colours for a neutral look are Shroom (highlight), Mythology (lid) and Mulch in the crease and outer corner. You could also use Mulch as a liner.

The only thing is that if there are bright stage lights, these colours might not be strong enough to be visible to your audience and you many need something darker. If that's the case, I would try Amber Lights, Coppering or Rummy instead of Mythology, and Mystery instead of Mulch. Then either a dark brown or black liner. You could even add a little Vanilla pigment on the browbone over Shroom (looks so good when the light hits it!)

If you really want to make your blue eyes *pop!* I would choose either Coppering or Amber Lights, as they are in the orange/copper family and orange makes blue eyes stand out, since orange and blue are complementary on the color wheel
smiles.gif

Good luck!

elan

To bring out my blue eyes, I love Expensive Pink on the lid, with Antiqued or Cranberry in the outer crease, and Shroom as a highlight.
smiles.gif

Star

I have a quad which I've filled with Shroom, Era, Bark and Concrete. Great neutral shades!!

Latest posts