Color Confusion for all NC42s

CherryElion

Hi everyone!! This is my first official post in Spektra and i have absolutely loved this website!!
specktra_rocks.gif
Well here's my little question.

I use as my foundation my Mac studio fix powder in nc42 but i found it a little orangy on my skin so i decided to try nc40. I putted them on, both, and made like stripes one next to other on my face, near the chin area and guess what? One looks orangy and the other too light!LOL my frustration has me laughing cuz when i use the powder i looked tanned and it doesnt look bad but when i go under my dark circles they look darker and orange(ugly,ugly,ugly).

Anybody with this problem or that could help????Pleaseeee
anyone.gif

bartp

It's weird that two colours, that are so close in the range, aren't suiting you. Maybe studio fix NW might be a suggestion. Studio Fix is so yellow that even the NW colours could be considered "soft" versions of NC colours

Ziya

hey guys! I had a similar problem till my MUA explained it to me...
NC 43 is the shade between NC 40 and NC 42...yea, I know it sounds weird to have the larger number be lighter but that's how it is! After NC 42 it's NC 44 not 43.
ie Lightest to darkest---> 40,43,42,44,45

CherryElion

thank you so much ziya!!
th_DANCE.gif
im definitely going to try this shade! any recommendations on other face powders or foundations that are equivalent to this shade?