Color-tipped MAC Brushes

Oonie

I've noticed that the ends/tips of the brushes in some of the MAC MA toolbelts are colored. Is that to tell whose brush is whose? Or for ease in reaching for a brush and applying, etc?

I do know that in one of my brush sets the ends/tips are colored: pink/face, blue/eye, red/lip.

calbear

Yes we mark them so that we know whose is whose - some use nail polish others use stickers. It's easy to put your brush down and have someone else pick it up and claim it as their own or when customers ask to borrow them (sometimes they'll just hand it back to the nearest MA and the marking lets you know who it give it to)

lara

I mark mine so they don't go for a walk (straight into someone else's kit, or, most likely, into a models handbag) during busy production-line gigs.

Modelling enamel paint is the best.
smiles.gif

Oonie

My first guess was so you can tell who the brush belonged to in case it was placed on the counter, like I have seen countless times. I guess I am just too trusting, and I am 'cause I didn't think other people would say a brush is their's when it isn't.

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonie
My first I guess I am just too trusting, and I am 'cause I didn't think other people would say a brush is their's when it isn't.

If you leave your locker open on accident, you may come back and your brush belt is empty (I've seen it) and then you have to go on a manhunt to get your stuff back.

carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
If you leave your locker open on accident, you may come back and your brush belt is empty (I've seen it) and then you have to go on a manhunt to get your stuff back.

Now, should you actually find your brush in someone else's belt (clearly marked as yours), does that make for some awkward/tense times with that person afterwards?

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Now, should you actually find your brush in someone else's belt (clearly marked as yours), does that make for some awkward/tense times with that person afterwards?

Not really...sometimes stuff gets shifted around if it gets busy... Sometimes artists will leave their brushes on the tables and walk away, so I know if I see them sitting there, I will grab them and put them in my belt until I get the chance to give them to the artist.

I have had a few brushes stolen out of my brushbelt when it was sitting near the register so I definitely don't want another artists brushes to go missing.

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol

No not really - it's kinda like what MACGoddess posted above - sometimes there are really good reasons for another artist to have your brushes, so you usually just let it go and reclaim them.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
so you guys use your own personal set of brushes at a counter? don't you use brushes from the counter?.

We use brushes that MAC provides for us. We have a brush belt that they give us, and a set of brushes that have been marked with nailpolish and are "ours" and our responsibility.

Latest posts