Color Wheel!?!?!?

Hello All! I am new to this... so please bare with me! I have a Make-up interview with MAC on Sunday and am SOOO nervous! I want the job so bad it hurts! I have some experience but I am not sure it is good enough.

Anyway... on my phone interview I was asked if i new how to use a color wheel when it comes to make up. I understand that certain colors neutralize certain colors, so it sort of makes sense when I think of concealers, but I dont get it for Eyeshadows?? Can anyone help?
th_confused_new.gif

Also, all of your posts are super helpful so thanks! If anyone has any advice or tips for me... please let me know! I need all of the help I can get!
winks.gif

hhunt2

The link from Enkore's page is where I understood the color wheel. It's extremely helpful. Truthfully the color wheel is easy to understand once it's in your hand (small and large versions of the wheel are sold at art stores).

I know this might be T.M.I. (too much info), but I used to keep a color wheel in my bathroom so I can memorize the colors while I'm sitting on the toleit, hehe (I was not a good student in art class so I had to catch up).

HeavenLeiBlu

Staples has them in the back, in the drafting section; you can also find them in art supply and craft stores, ( Pearl Art Supply, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Utrecht, Sam Flax).

makeupNdesign vbmenu_register("postmenu_1307153", true); - Thank you so much! That was very helpful! You really dont know how much I do appreciate it!

hhunt2- LOL! That is so funny! It is very helpful as well! I promise I will give it a try!

Mac_Cherry vbmenu_register("postmenu_1307376", true); & HeavenLeiBlu vbmenu_register("postmenu_1307387", true); - Thanks also for your input! I will definately get one to practice with!

False Eyelashes and Liquid Eyeliner...

Hey ladies! I was just wondering if you could give me some tips on putting on fake eyelashes and applying liquid eyeliner to my model for my Makeup Interview on Sunday! Any tips would be great! Thanks so much!

Re: False Eyelashes and Liquid Eyeliner...

Thanks for the reply, but the manager said my demo has to have fake eyelashes and liquid eyeliner in my evening look. I thought is was a little weird, but oh well! Thanks for the video! I really appreciate the help!

Kuuipo

Re: False Eyelashes and Liquid Eyeliner...

I'm a big Joilie-eye fan,but I found the best You tube false lash video was by Eve Pearl (and I have literally watched them all).

makeupNdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by britters0520
makeupNdesign vbmenu_register("postmenu_1307153", true); - Thank you so much! That was very helpful! You really dont know how much I do appreciate it!

hhunt2- LOL! That is so funny! It is very helpful as well! I promise I will give it a try!

Mac_Cherry vbmenu_register("postmenu_1307376", true); & HeavenLeiBlu vbmenu_register("postmenu_1307387", true); - Thanks also for your input! I will definately get one to practice with!

Your welcome hun
smiles.gif
Glad I was able to help you and other gals out!

Hey again! I had my demo yesterday and I don't think I did very well. I ran out of time and didn't get to the fake lashes. I also was so nervous that my hands were shaking and I couldn't hold on to anything! I also messed up my liners!!!
ssad.gif
He said I had great customer service skills and he liked how I described everything, but I don't think I did well enough to get the job. Anyway, I just wanted to say Thanks for all of the help and I will keep you all posted! Have a great day!

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Hey again! I had my demo yesterday and I don't think I did very well. I ran out of time and didn't get to the fake lashes. I also was so nervous that my hands were shaking and I couldn't hold on to anything! I also messed up my liners!!!
ssad.gif
He said I had great customer service skills and he liked how I described everything, but I don't think I did well enough to get the job. Anyway, I just wanted to say Thanks for all of the help and I will keep you all posted! Have a great day!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope it goes your way
thmbup.gif

makeupNdesign

Quote:
ssad.gif

Keep those thoughts positive and good luck hun!

Ruby_Woo

For the demo you had to do lashes? What is your location if you don't mind me asking. Just stay positive! best luck to you
smiles.gif

MrsRjizzle

i got the same one from the enkore video 5.00 at Michaels Craft. I love using it! It really makes since to me