colors according to age?

lovingmakeup

sigh.gif

I've been wearing makeup only since I was in my late 20's. Although I have been late to the game, I do love to wear all sorts of colors. But now that I'm approaching my 40's, I'm getting nervous about toning down the colors I wear. Should I go with the rules or does it not matter?

Any advice ?

thanks everyone~

trina11225

I will wear what i feel comfortable wearing, and of course adjust a little like i don' t want glitter on me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I find that I have to be a little cautious about frosty textures that can get trapped in lines and age eyelids, but I've found that's more a question of getting the right formula than putting an outright ban on frosts. I've also become interested in colour analysis, which has to do with the colours that are found in each individual's skin. Your pigmentation, tone and the level of saturation that works on you has more to do- I think- with what you can wear than your age.

Bold shades tend to work very well on me (something I've only recently started to figure out), whereas softer colours can make me look washed out. According to prevailing wisdom, I should be wearing softer, more conservative and more neutral shades to avoid looking like I'm overdone. But in practice, the exact opposite tends to work better.

Latest posts