colors not available at Nordstrom?

fishchick72

So I know that some colors are not available at Nordstrom, you have to go to the MAC store for them, like bitter & chrome yellow. Does anyone know why this is & does anyone know which ones are not available at Nordstrom? I often plan what I want on the MAC website first & then go in to the store to see the color in person & get it. I would rather buy from Nordstrom, but am always worried when I get there they're gonna tell me they don't carry that color, so I just go to the MAC store.

martygreene

these colors aren't available at many counters, along with a few others. This is largely because MAC has limited display space, and contrary to what you might think based on communities such as Specktra, brights are not big sellers, and thus are sold only at freestanding and pro stores, and on the website.

ToVenusTori

i wonder why nordstrom never has like ANYTHING worth while on their website when it comes to MAC stuff?

i find nordstrom extremely annoying regardless, but when they have their free GWP's i like to order online but find myself ordering other makeup brands b/c their selection of MAC is.... less than desirable.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchick72
So I know that some colors are not available at Nordstrom, you have to go to the MAC store for them, like bitter & chrome yellow. Does anyone know why this is & does anyone know which ones are not available at Nordstrom? I often plan what I want on the MAC website first & then go in to the store to see the color in person & get it. I would rather buy from Nordstrom, but am always worried when I get there they're gonna tell me they don't carry that color, so I just go to the MAC store.

Those colors are usually found at freestanding or PRO stores...my guess is that they need the counter space for better selling colors...you're better off just going to the MAC store and save yourself the aggravation...

MAC_Whore

The freestanding stores/website exclusives are:

Chrome Yellow
Bitter
Juiced
Smut
Orange

There are always exceptions, but generally you have to go to the MAC store or the MAC site for these.

fishchick72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The freestanding stores/website exclusives are:

Chrome Yellow
Bitter
Juiced
Smut
Orange

There are always exceptions, but generally you have to go to the MAC store or the MAC site for these.

thanks so much!!!