Colour corrector recs for redness

Edelmc

I have redness on my cheeks that I am trying to cover up. I don't want an all over primer just something that I can apply to my cheeks. I have heard that Jemma Kidd does a corrector called citrus that is good-has anyone tried it? I also love the consistency of the mac highlighter pens and I am thinking that maybe the yellow tinted one might do the trick? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Anneri

I've the same problem with redness in my cheeks. For quite a long time I used a liquid L'Oreal corrector in green that gave quite a good result, but was a pain in the behind to work with, because it took ages to dry. I apply my makeup in the morning before going to work, and I simply don't have time to let the product sink in properly before applying foundation. I f you didn't wait, you'd wipe the corrector off with the foundation.
Now I'm using a powder from Clinique's Redness Solution line. It's a yellow powder and I apply it like a blush on my cheeks over foundation and then apply my normal blush. IT's ok, but doesn't cover up the redness in my cheeks properly. IT's less, but not gone.

I'd be very interested in other possibilities to cover those red areas, because frankly, blush application over it looks sometimes ridiculous!

Mac-Guy

Try the MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector in Ash Blonde (a pale green) if you like the SF formula.

singer82

I have pale sensitive skin thats pretty dry and have redness. Mostly in my cheeks, around my nose, and my chin.
Any recs? I was thinking the MUFE green primer. I heard that the blue one is good too.

I was also hoping for a good powder to fix the redness. I want to be able to stick on primer and powder for the days I dont want to wear foundation.

lindas1983

I use givenchy's acti-mine make up base in kiwi and fine it works well for me, its quite a thick liquid for a base so be sure to experiment to find out what application works best for you. A little goes a very long way i've had the same tube for over a year.

Sexy Sadie

You are in Ireland and have access to Gosh Cosmetics? They have a wonderful line of consealers, primers and foundations.

Mac-Guy

Forgot to say: Try MAC's Set Powder in Soft Yellow. It's an easy way to neutralize redness and it will last a long time.

martiangurll

Forgot to say: Try MAC's Set Powder in Soft Yellow. It's an easy way to neutralize redness and it will last a long time.

I agree with using a yellow tones setting powder to off set the redness. I have rosacea and this works. I use Everyday Minerals corrector with yellow or just get the face powder in base that matches the foundation color/shade but with yellow tones.

Mac-Guy

I agree with using a yellow tones setting powder to off set the redness. I have rosacea and this works. I use Everyday Minerals corrector with yellow or just get the face powder in base that matches the foundation color/shade but with yellow tones.

Have you tried the Set Powder in Soft Yellow? It's aaaaawww-maaaaaa-zinnnng.

Edelmc

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Mac-guy: is the mac set powder still available? I think I might be mixing it up with another face powder that was discontinued...is it a very matte finish and if so could you use it under msfn or just put the set powder on the cheeks and msfn everywhere else?

Latest posts