ColourPop

GreenEyedAllie

LOL! Obviously my priorities are in the right place. :p

Ahhhhh! I'm glad you like them! My two pairs STILL aren't here. :mad: I was hoping they'd be here for the long weekend. Nope. They're getting delivered this Tuesday. I won't be ordering from Quay's website ever again. It took a week to process/ship, and a week to mail? Ugh, UPS ground is soooo slloooowww. I don't mind when it's free like when I order from Nordies-- but I paid for shipping!

I hope you get the HKs. Nordstrom shooooooooould be getting them online soon. UO too. I'm surprised White Fox launched already, even though Desi and Quay are telling everyone 7/5. So maybe keep an eye out these next few days. :)

Whaaaaaat?! You STILL don't have them? That's crazy. I'd be pissed, especially if I had paid. Not to rub salt in the wound, but ASOS was great. I highly recommend them.

Also just realized I didn't comment about your stone....I'm so sorry you went through that. I've heard it's every bit painful as you described. :( I hope you're feeling better and don't have it happen again.

laurennnxox

Whaaaaaat?! You STILL don't have them? That's crazy. I'd be pissed, especially if I had paid. Not to rub salt in the wound, but ASOS was great. I highly recommend them.

Also just realized I didn't comment about your stone....I'm so sorry you went through that. I've heard it's every bit painful as you described. :( I hope you're feeling better and don't have it happen again.

Yep. I'm very very frustrated. lol. Tracking says they'll be here Tuesday, so they're definitely on their way to me. But crazy how awful Quay's shipping is. They're going to be getting here the same time they'll be launching in stores and online at nordstrom and UO. Bah.

And that's okay! I'm feeling 100% back to normal now. :) It definitely wasn't very pleasant. I might've treated myself to a lip kit because of it. :p

KGeezy

Ok so here are my swatches for Zebra and 3Way. Please excuse my end of the day face lol, i took these after work and I was super exhausted. This is in natural lighting (i was facing the window)

Zebra

IMG_2096.JPG

3Way

IMG_2110.JPG

Comparison swatches. L-R Zebra, Kylie Reign, 3Way
IMG_2094.jpg

GreenEyedAllie

Ok so here are my swatches for Zebra and 3Way. Please excuse my end of the day face lol, i took these after work and I was super exhausted. This is in natural lighting (i was facing the window)

Zebra

View attachment 55165

3Way

View attachment 55166

View attachment 55167

You look so gorgeous in these! Thank for the comparison swatch. :)

you look great in them :) do you like these or the KC more?

Personally, I like both formulas. KC's is a little easier to apply, but I like the look and wear of CP's better.

Icecaramellatte

Zebra

View attachment 55165

3Way

View attachment 55166

View attachment 55167

Thanks for the swatches. Nikkietutorials on youtube didn't like hers. They did swatch poorly in her video but the colors look nice in all the face pics I've seen.

slowlikehoney

Swatches of the new collab with Kathleenlights. 3 ultra satins and an eyeliner/pot, launching on July 12th.

13573622_1723828874565053_553304747_n.jpg

And the metallic liquid lipsticks are being restocked tomorrow.

Jayjayy

Swatches of the new collab with Kathleenlights. 3 ultra satins and an eyeliner/pot, launching on July 12th.

View attachment 55220

And the metallic liquid lipsticks are being restocked tomorrow.

Don't like any of em. Thank god! I just went through my unused makeup bin and found 8 brand spanking new Colourpop shadows! How does that even happen?! I barely remember buying them. I'm drowning you guyssss :mecry:

DILLIGAF

I got my order yesterday, and have had a little bit of time to play around with the 4 metals and swatch them.

My initial impression is that I like them. The colors are really nice, wearable shades. Not too frosty. They're a bit glittery versus sheen/metallic. Kween has the most glitter, with Man Eater and Zebra having the least. I have to say, I'm a little glad they only released 4. I am hoping they'll tweak the formula a little bit. I am glad they are not Ultra Mattes, because CP's formula dries the shit out of my lips. They're pretty comfortable, but the texture is a little odd. Nothing to keep me from wearing them. I'll try it with MAC's lip primer underneath out of curiosity. It's a drier, mousse-like formula. When I first pulled the wand out, there was barely any product on it. With a little shaking of the tube and trying again, it was fine. It looks clumpy and odd on the wand, and I was concerned. But it applied smoothly. I didn't have a problem getting pretty clean lines without a lipliner. They weren't streaky at all, but a little sheer. They are not 1-swipe full pigment. Two passes made them completely opaque. I actually don't mind this, because they would probably look neat layered over a bunch of different liners, but also have the ability to be opaque themselves.

I haven't worn them for an extended amount of time, just for lip swatches. They have a bit of lasting power, as it took a little bit of rubbing with bioderma to get them off. Nothing too crazy though, definitely similar to Ultra Satin. I would say that the glitter in them makes them a liiiitle bit gritty, but again, I wasn't harshly put off by it. I think the only shade I would worry about wearing off and leaving glitter on the lips would be Kween. I'm going to keep playing with them to see how I feel! I seriously love each color though!

These photos were all taken facing a window, but it was closing in on 6:00pm, so the lighting is a bit warm, but I feel they're pretty close to true color. The arm swatch picture shows off how metallic they look.

PS, sorry for the overload of my face. It always helps me to see lip-swatches and compare them with arm-swatches.

View attachment 54991 View attachment 54992
View attachment 54993 View attachment 54994
Left to right, top row: 3-way, kween,
Left to right, bottom row: zebra, man eater

View attachment 54995
Top to Bottom: Man eater, zebra, kween, 3-way. Sorry for the messy swatches lol. I was clearly very excited to open these up. :eek:
If there is one thing I can count on the ladies and gents of Specktra for is a great and honest review. Thank you so much! Also you look great in all 4 colors!

Rinstar

OH MY GOD I'M DYING!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::hehe::hehe::hahaha::hahaha::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And yeah, I agree...website awesome, shades pre-made, and YAASS on the purple one. PS-Got my On the Low's yesterday, and it's total love....I will cut someone to get the gold High Key's. Not really.

(But yes, I will cut someone)

HKs are on puremoda.com.au right now. Shipping sucks, but I think I might do it anyway. Quay said they'll release them again in September, but by then it'll be a blood bath.
I got my Muse's pretty quickly from Quay's site and looooooove them. Got the red/gold combo

On topic- I got my CP order and have only tried Flowershop so far, but it's GORGEOUS!!!

KGeezy

So Churro came today :D It's very pretty color however it reminds me of Oh Darling (which i already have 2 of lol) This is my first CP face product and it was impressed with the silky smooth texture. I did finger swatches for now, haven't tried it with a brush just yet, although the CP booklet says it's best applied with your fingers. That said the color is pretty but it's not very unique.

indoors Top-2 swipes Bottom-1 swipe

IMG_2149.jpg

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

So Churro came today :D It's very pretty color however it reminds me of Oh Darling (which i already have 2 of lol) This is my first CP face product and it was impressed with the silky smooth texture. I did finger swatches for now, haven't tried it with a brush just yet, although the CP booklet says it's best applied with your fingers. That said the color is pretty but it's not very unique.

indoors Top-2 swipes Bottom-1 swipe

View attachment 55262

And that is why I wanted #1 (or even #3) so much more.

It's very lovely against your skin. :) Personally, I almost always have the best result using my fingers CP's stuff.

Rinstar

I used my contour/highlight sticks today. I tried out Dove and Gummy Bear. I really like them a lot!! When I swatched them on my hand I thought they seemed dry, but on my face they were perfect. They blended well and the colors are the best I have found for me personally. I am NC 15 (maybe inching up to 20) and lots of contour products are bad colors for me. Either too dark, too warm, not warm enough, etc. Dove is excellent!!

Also, isn't it a little depressing when you take off your highlight and contour and immediately look 5 pounds heavier?

leonah

is it worth getting the lip products? heard mixed reviews about them especially the ultra matte one. thinking about taking my first plunge into the CP pool but not sure what to start with

Latest posts