Combining your moisturizer with SPF?

Distinque

Hi everyone, I'm always on the search for a great moisturizer. Like many, I love makeup but I also love skincare. I've been on the search for a affordable moisturizer with SPF. (It's really hard to find a moisturizer with SPF that's has good quality) I recently bought Mac's Prep & Prime with SPF 50 but 30 mL for around $30 isn't affordable. I could probably go through the whole tube in 3 weeks. I really like Clinique's Dramatically Moisturizing GEL and it's pretty affordable because it costs $23 and it's 125 mL! So I've been mixing my Eucerin with an SPF 30 with it like a (1:2). One pump of Eucerin to two pumps of Clinique.

I'm wondering is this safe? like I'm not clogging my pores right just because I had combined a sunscreen with moisturizer.

Are there any affordable moisturizers with a good SPF for combination-oily skin type?

Thanks

eulchen

i know its not cheap either, but if youre toning first the moisturizers from LUSH last a long way, even though theyre just 45 ml. three of them have SPF, ultralight, which is the cheapest and also available in bigger packages (so even cheaper), skin nanny and paradise regained, though the last ones would be too much for your skin type probably.

i would ask for a tester of ultralight to see if it fits your skin moisture wise, if LUSHs an option. Also i know that burts bees has some great stuff for moisturizing and protecting the face, but i dont know if they have it combined in one facial moisturizer...?

otherwise i know several people who mix their moisturizer with SPF with no problems. just make sure that both of em dont have any paraffinum liquidum in them, because that will clog your skin.

aleksis210

I'm in love with 'purpose' moisturizer w/ spf 15...I don't need a very high spf because I'm not in the sun longer than 15 minutes, it soaks up into my skin, I put it on as soon as I'm done washing my face...their spf 30 one is way too greasy though...edit: just thought I might add that this is the only thing that has never clogged my pores or broken me out...

user79

Olay Complete for super budget friendly

But personally I looove Eucerin's Hydroprotect moisturizers with spf, they feel so light and not greasy at all, perfect for daytime wear under makeup. And it comes in a pump bottle so it's very convenient. HG for me.

It looks like this, it's not the exact same label, but there's one with spf15 and another one with spf20

eucerinRRL.jpg