Come In And Vote Please!!!!

Mandy4610

I am searching for a good primer.
I have done my research and it is down to six choices.

I have oily acne prone skin.
I need something that is oil free
I need something that won't clog my pores
I need something that will help my foundation last through the day.

Please vote!
grin.gif

JULIA

If you're oily, than you should go with a "mattifying" primer. I haven't used MAC Matte, but I'm sure that'd give you the results you're wanting.

panda0410

I tend to have slightly oily skin, and MAC matte is good, but it can actually end up a little dry looking
shrugs.gif
I like Smashbox SPF the best, but Smashbox light is pretty good too
smiles.gif

AmiS4ys

I swear by the Smashbox primers. I use the green colored one, which is intended for people who have uneven redness throughout their face. It's seriously the best one I've encountered.

alka1

From that list I recommend MAC P+P SPF 50 and the MUFE HD.

If you have oily skin, the MAC one is incredible. The MUFE HD one is best for normal/combination skin, imo.

smerchahoven

I like the Mac Prep & Prime +Spf 50. I didn't cause my skin to break out even though I have combination skin. Aside from the SPF protection, it blends away to a smooth, invisible finish though it comes out white on the tube.

spectrolite

I vote the Prep + Prime SPF50. I use a small squeeze of it with a tiny drop of Mehron's Velvet Finish Primer and that seems to be the winning combination for my skin which is combination but leaning more towards oily. It gives me a matte finish that I love
smiles.gif

Personally I dont think that Mac Matte would make a good all over primer that you want to last throughout the day. It's better for smaller area coverage like your nose and forehead. Also it does not really keep oil at bay for very long!

Babylard

ive found smashbox and monistat to work the same lol so i'd pick one of those for priming the skin and smoothing it out. they are both silicon based ingredients. if you live somewhere super sunny, the spf50 would be a good choice too.

for oil control, you'd have to use mac oil control lotion before your primer. and then use an oil absorbant powder like the finishing powder from mac or silk naturals oil control blur (which is more acne friendly simple imgredients) over your foundation. blot powder and oil absorbant sheets for touch up.

fur4elise

I have oily and problematic skin, which at my age is a bummer!

I have used both SB PhotoFinish Light and MAC Matte with mixed results. But ultimately with both products I still need to blot blot blot throughout the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
ive found smashbox and monistat to work the same...

I second Babylard on the Monistat...LOL What a great discovery! Inexpensive @ +/- $7.00. And it works just as well as the more expensive products listed above.
thmbup.gif

So, I keep on questing and blotting for those long makeup wearing days...

Peace!

summerblue

What about the new ones from UD (brightening & pore control) & the regular BE Prime Time. All get great reviews on Sephora.

breezybabe89

I personally use both Mac Matte and MUFE HD and love them both. But my holy grail product for keep my skin oil free is Model in a Bottle spray. I absolutely love this stuff. You just spray it on after you apply all your makeup and everything stays put, no touch ups, no blotting throughout the day. It even makes my mascara last through an intense crying session. Plus it's fairly inexpensive only $17.50 for a bottle that has over 300 sprays. And if a retailer near you doesn't sell it you can buy it on Amazon.com or Overstock.com. Heres a picture of the product.
P10350026.jpg

breezybabe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue
What about the new ones from UD (brightening & pore control) & the regular BE Prime Time. All get great reviews on Sephora.

Pore Control is amazing for minimizing the look of larger pores! Love this product too!

nashoba95

WOW! I would of never thought to use my monistat for a primer! Kudos for whoever 1st thought to try that under makeup and share that beauty tip with all the other ladies in the world.