Comet Blue D/G

sja103

What is Comet Blue Dazzleglass best paired with lipstick wise? I'm having a hard time thinking of what lipstick to use it with. (MAC lipstick)

panda0410

This is actually super pretty over pink lippies, but I like it best (on me anyway) over the cooler toned lippies, especially Lavender Whip and Fashion Mews
greengrin.gif

eidetica

Either lip pencil, or an Amplified lipstick that you put on, allow to stain, than blot most of off is good for all of the strong toned Dazzleglasses; with a lipstick the brush makes the two mix. This gives a diluted color for a statement maker like Comet Blue (which I'm wanting one of if anybody has one). Pencil filling in the lips creates an undertone that you see through the DazzleGlass, and like everyone else I'm thinking pink and lavender first but on a darker skin- a bright clear red under the blue might be really great!

A transparent color over a color looks different than just two colors mixed. With lipstick you may just get purple-ish gloss with some sparkle lost in the lipstick. I always notice that with DazzleGlass if one is not careful.
Keeping the layers separate is something to think about. MAC is a toy set for big girls, try it out. Your mileage may vary, but Comet Blue is not for learning at the last minute...

My experiments are from Like Venus over a purple-y pencil, not pretty on me but a cool way to wear it once I find a red I like. Hey- Girl About Town may be perfect for that one... Stains like beets. 'Scuse me while I do a test.
yes.gif

LatinaRose

If I had it, I would wear it over Pink Nouveau and other bright pink lippies. Reds too.

Does anyone know if just using Reflects Blue w/ Clear l/g gives a similar effect? I'm going to try it!

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
So Scarlet and Rebel both look great with it!

You are so right - it looks amazing with So Scarlet!!!
yes.gif

TangoMT

I love Comet Blue over lavenders/purples or bright pinks, it makes Girl About Town wearable for me. I usually pair CB with High Top l/s (Fafi collection), Opal lustreglass, and more recently Lavender Whip l/s.