Comic Con San Diego 2014 Question about hotel rooms

allthingsmakeup

Hi,

Well like the title says I am going to CC this year. And maybe there are a couple of you who are also going. I thought well after getting my tickets I book a flight a hotel and we are there. Boy was I wrong. Getting tickets is one, getting hotel rooms is a whole other thing. Of course every hotel is sold out at the moment. You have some hotels left but they ask prices that only millionaires can afford. Unless I win the lottery but that's probably not going to happen. So here is my question. Does anyone know, someone who is going (maybe even yourself) has been able to book a hotel and is willing to share the space. Or you have some other great ideas? Let me know!

mosha010

Good luck hun! I dream going to one of these one day and lettin my inner geek run wild and amock! Wish u the best of luck finding a room and the best of times

DILLIGAF

Have you tried one of those services where people rent out their apartments? Air BnB is one. Since you've mentioned the situation I guess my CC dreams for this year will be deferred. *sighs, Note to self start planning this year for next*

sagehen

@ DILLIGAF: Hey don't give up - a lot of times people reserve blocks of rooms to go in groups and they release them as the date gets closer. ComiCon also does this. If you are driving/renting a car, you can look in cities nearby like El Centro (about 15 min away but inexplicably lots of rooms). Go through any clubs you might belong to, like AAA (that's how I got my room last year). Do you have a friend that lives nearby? There are several hotels along Hotel Circle and nearby that don't seem to be attached to online searches, but since they are on hotel circle, will be at a comparable level of service, etc. Also, the ComiCon hotel website reopens on April 23, so there is still hope. I still see room rates averaging under $200 per night for that time period, just a train ride away. There are special ComiCon trolleys to and from the Conventin Center during ComiCon from many stops.

Latest posts