Committed the 6th sin... twice

tanbelina

During the Christmas break, I was swayed by Stephie's FOTDs with 6th Sin eyeshadow from the MetalX collection, and so splurged on the gorgeous emerald green eyeshadow. I put together a FOTD for it earlier last week for a night out with the girls, and then reworked it to create a 'rockstar' look

Also... I got my hair cut over the break, so I'm sorry that I'm being such a camera whore...

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Products used:
face:
MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation in 55
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage/cover in SC-6
MAC Blot Powder in Medium (boo, the MA gave me the wrong shade
Physician's formula Sunlight bronzer
Nars Orgasm blush

Lips:
Mac Viva Glam V l/g

Eyes:
NYX trio e/s in Olive Grove (only the light green shade)
MAC e/s in 6th Sin and Contrast
MAC Blacktrack e/l
Covergirl Lash Exact in Black
Shu Uemura Lash Curler
Flair eyebrow powder

Then today I randomly decided to play with some falsies (rather than starting my course readings... hey... it's only the first week of the semester, right? haha). I wanted to channel a rockstar, so I worked with jewel toned greens and purples, with lots of bronzer and lipgloss. Now... If only I could actually sing or play an instrument... then I could actually rock this look!
greengrin.gif

rock2.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0199.jpg

(I look so creepy and frightened in this photo... but it displays the eyeshadow colors quite well)

PICT0183.jpg

close.jpg

close2.jpg

Products used:
Same face products used... but with a lot more bronzer

Lips:
Mac Viva Glam V l/g
Random clear lip gloss

Eyes:
NYX trio e/s in Olive Grove (only the light green shade)
MAC e/s in 6th Sin, Nocturnelle and Contrast
Revlon crème shadow in Va Va Va Bloom
KATE e/s palette
MAC Blacktrack e/l
Dejavu mascara
Shu Uemura Lash Curler
Flair eyebrow powder
Missha XL falsies

On another note, I was walking around Causeway Bay in Hong Kong around Christmas time and saw a Missha store! I promptly went in to get some falsies, and also saw the BB cream. Having briefly looked over the links about BB cream, I was intrigued. I've always had issues with my skin (as you can tell from the photos!) and wanted to see how this 'miracle' product would fare. I tried some out on my skin and found it to be quite yellow in tone, but the MA assured me that it would look very natural on my skin.

I stupidly didn't try it out until I got back to Canada, because I really should have tried to return or exchange the product. On my NC35 skin it looks HORRIBLE. It's very pink-toned and LIGHT. It looks like a mask on my skin. I tried to brush on some EDM mineral foundation ontop to counteract the pasty-ness, but that did little good. I haven't picked it up since. I may use it as a primer for when i really use foundation... but I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it.

Basically... if you're a NC/W 25 or lower, you may want to get the Missha BB cream a shot... otherwise, I don't suggest you waste your money.

Anyways... in true poser form & keeping true to my rockstar 'persona'... rock on dear specktra-stars.

PICT0154.jpg

Have a lovely weekend!