Concealer for blemishes and scars

seonmi

I just got a Sephora giftcard and wanted to get a good concealer product there. What would you guys recommend?

I've read lots of reviews for different products (MUFE palette, LORAC concealer/highlighter, Bobbi Brown ....) but most people only talked about the under eyes circles which is not my priority at the moment. I had a really bad breakout recently and wanted to cover up the scars and marks left on my face
nonono.gif

I'm NC 35, if it is any relevant.

ashk36

I gotta bump this one. I make do with what I have, but I would love to find that perfect concealer for my red marks and I still have no clue which is best for that particular problem.

PBunnieP

I dont think this is a Sephora product but I would highly recommend Vichy Dermablend. In Canada it is sold in London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart. The product line was created for people with severe discolourations or scaring that need heavy but undetectable coverage. They have products in cream and liquid form. Mind you the packaging is not glamourous but it really works well and looks like skin.

Sephora wise, I would look into MUFE Full Coverage concealer or Bobbi Brown concealer.

autumnschild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashk36
I gotta bump this one. I make do with what I have, but I would love to find that perfect concealer for my red marks and I still have no clue which is best for that particular problem.

i use physician's formula concealer stick in green for any red i have on my face. gooood stuff.

seonmi

Thanks, guys. I'll make sure to check them out. MUFE concealer sounds good right now.

Simply Elegant

I love CoverFX cream foundation. It's really pigmented so I use it as concealer. It covers everything and was meant for people with sensitive skin.

MzzRach

My suggestions would be:

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage - it comes in a pan with two shades that you mix to customize your shade. It's densely pigmented, a little goes a long way. Use with a good detail concealer brush and it does the job beautifully.

Shu Uemura Pro Spot Concealer - if you can get a good shade match, this stuff is amazing.