Concealer for under eyes

GloomyBear22

Hi girls!
Anyone know how to choose a concealer for under eyes? The MUA at my Mac counter told me that I should look for a concealer with a shade lighter than my foundation but the MUA at the Bobbi Brown counter said that the concealer should be the same color as my foundation. Its so confusing... Who should I listen to?

Also, she said to use a light pink corrector to cover brown-greyish dark circle then to put the concealer on top. But shouldnt it be a peach color corrector instead? I heard that from a makeup guru on youtube...

Thanks a lot
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I have always used a concealer lighter than my foundation because the area under and around my eyes is darker than my face....

I also use a orangy peach to cover my darkbrown/gray undereye discoloration

gigiopolis

I find that using a concealer just SLIGHTLY lighter than your actual skintone is the most effective. It'll lighten whatever dark circles you have without being fake. The only thing worse than dark circles is to have raccoon eyes - with WAY too light concealer. I just think it's a really dated and old-fashioned look. Natural's the way to go!

If you're going to use a concealer that's considerably lighter, consider using a lighter hand or finding a formula that's not as thick. If you're going to use Bobbi Brown concealer, it's a better idea to stick closer to your skin tone just because it's quite thick so any raccoon eyes will be obvious.

The Bobbi Brown website has some pretty good recommendations for what corrector to use for your skintone. I feel like peach corrector is better for bluish circles (more commonly found in fairer skintones or non-olive/non-Asian skintones. Although I still use Peach and love it XD). Light pink might be better to cover brownish-greyish circles, but I haven't tried that yet.