Concealer Suggestion

MAChostage

I know it's a suggestion request, but I felt I might get a better result if I posted it here, under Beauty of Color, since I'm a Beauty of Color. ;) I'm NC44 and need a good concealer primarily for spot discoloration, like the marks left behind from a pimple. If it's longwearing I would just jump for joy. I've got MAC Studio Sculpt and I'm not impressed with it. Suggestions, PLEASE!

Copperhead

I know it's a suggestion request, but I felt I might get a better result if I posted it here, under Beauty of Color, since I'm a Beauty of Color.
winks.gif
I'm NC44 and need a good concealer primarily for spot discoloration, like the marks left behind from a pimple. If it's longwearing I would just jump for joy. I've got MAC Studio Sculpt and I'm not impressed with it. Suggestions, PLEASE!
I have some pretty dark spots from marks left behind from pimples. I try my best not to pick pimples but sometimes unfortunately it gets the best of me. At one time I was using Studio Sculpt concealer but I'm not crazy about it. Just recently I bought some concealers from L.A. Girl. The Pro HD concealers. Cheap and wonderful imo. I bought lighter colors to use to conceal and highlight and I bought one to conceal the dark spots. I like the one I'm using now to cover the dark spots as it works rather nicely but I want to try two more shades. They're so cheap I figure hey, why not try a few without breaking the bank? I decided to give these a try because a lot of MUA's rave about them. Some have even compared them to MAC's Pro Longwear Concealers. Go check out some youtube vids on them. There are quite a few reviews there.

MAChostage

Thanks, Copperhead! So now here's my dilemma: they are currently on sale for $2.50 each at Cherry culture and I have no idea what color to choose! Most of the colors based on those swatches look like they're for women of color but I know they can't be, LOL! Do you have ANY idea where I might start as an NC44? I think I'll buy 4 different colors.

Copperhead

Thanks, Copperhead! So now here's my dilemma: they are currently on sale for $2.50 each at Cherry culture and I have no idea what color to choose! Most of the colors based on those swatches look like they're for women of color but I know they can't be, LOL! Do you have ANY idea where I might start as an NC44? I think I'll buy 4 different colors.
You know what? I started to get mine from Cherry Culture but I found a seller on Ebay that was selling 3 for $9.95 or 9.99 (free shipping). And it got to me faster than Cherry Culture would have taken although I've never had a problem with CC. A lot of people get theirs from CC. The price is great there. I'm an NC50 and I bought the Chestnut for my facial dark spots, and Fawn and Toffee for my under eye highlights. They're really good! I think if I were NC44 I'd try shades like Warm Honey, Fawn, Cool Tan, and maybe Toffee That's just me though. Those would be the 4 I might start off with.

I think these are the people I ordered mine from...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Pcs-L-A-Gi...5065977?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item257e701a79

For me, I still want to try Toast, Beautiful Bronze and I'll probably order another Fawn. I'm going to order 3 more from them very soon.

MAChostage

Thanks again. I did look at a couple of YouTube videos and one girl had some pretty good swatches so I ended up ordering fawn, Warm honey and I think it's called warm beige. I was shocked at how pink looking a couple of those were. I ordered from Cherry culture in the past and haven't had any issues but I do know some people say they're slow sometimes. I'm really looking forward to receiving these. Thanks again for all of your help!

Copperhead

Thanks again. I did look at a couple of YouTube videos and one girl had some pretty good swatches so I ended up ordering fawn, Warm honey and I think it's called warm beige. I was shocked at how pink looking a couple of those were. I ordered from Cherry culture in the past and haven't had any issues but I do know some people say they're slow sometimes. I'm really looking forward to receiving these. Thanks again for all of your help!
You're welcome. And like I said, the price is so cheap it probably wouldn't hurt to get a few more because swatches can be so tricky at times. The ones I have are pretty much yellow based even though Toffee leans more to the peachy side but it works for what I want to use it for. Good luck! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

glammy girl

I agree with Copperhead on these concealers. I have 3 colors myself but I'm NC35 so unfortunately my shade choices won't be of any help. But they are wonderful, great coverage and you can't beat the price! Hope you love them :)

Copperhead

Well Copperhead you just sold me I'll be purchasing a few as well.
I can't believe how well they work for the price. I have them and enjoy them and I'm still looking for vids and reviews on them. LOL. Most of the vids and reviews I see are very positive.

makeba

I want to try these too. I had heard about ruby kisses being a good concealer and foundation product. You can find them for about five bucks and there are fifteen shades I believe. There are two shades in each pan. I use number eleven and find it provides good coverage because of the yellow undertones. I found them at my local beauty supply store. There are you tube videos reviews on them.

Copperhead

I want to try these too. I had heard about ruby kisses being a good concealer and foundation product. You can find them for about five bucks and there are fifteen shades I believe. There are two shades in each pan. I use number eleven and find it provides good coverage because of the yellow undertones. I found them at my local beauty supply store. There are you tube videos reviews on them.
I know which ones you're talking about. I saw them in my local bss too but I have yet to try them.

makeba

Give them a try copperhead I think you will be surprised. There should be a tester tray so you should not have to guess to much on which one to get.

MissTT

Oooo, good thread. I have nothing to cover my after-blemish marks and was again lamenting that this week. I have to get my frickin' picture taken Thursday! I gotta get my face figured out. MAChostage and kimbunney please report back on your shade choices.

MAChostage

Ok, I received my Cherry Culture order. I got the concealer in Medium Beige, Warm Honey and Fawn. The differences between the three are so minor, that I think I'll be able to actually pretty much use all of them. I wanted to try it for covering a couple of discolorations left behind by squeezing blackheads and I think that medium beige will work best of all. Also, I happened to visit a local beauty supply store and they carried the Ruby Kisses nail polishes and the blemish control powder. I was kind of impressed with that blemish control powder although I only tried it on the back of my hand because the display and the testers looked like they had been there for a while. I still may grab one and try it. I did like the texture and I was impressed with the colors. Question: is Kiss the same company as Ruby Kisses? They also had some cosmetic products by them.

Copperhead

Question: is Kiss the same company as Ruby Kisses? They also had some cosmetic products by them.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they're the same company.

I hope those LA Girl concealers work for you. Speaking of differences being minor, that's how it is for me with Toffee and Fawn. I can use either of those for my under eye highlight and they both happen to work just fine. I heard someone say these concealers are carried at a nearby local beauty supply store in my area so I think I'll check there before I place another Ebay order.

sagehen

Ok, I received my Cherry Culture order. I got the concealer in Medium Beige, Warm Honey and Fawn. The differences between the three are so minor, that I think I'll be able to actually pretty much use all of them. I wanted to try it for covering a couple of discolorations left behind by squeezing blackheads and I think that medium beige will work best of all. Also, I happened to visit a local beauty supply store and they carried the Ruby Kisses nail polishes and the blemish control powder. I was kind of impressed with that blemish control powder although I only tried it on the back of my hand because the display and the testers looked like they had been there for a while. I still may grab one and try it. I did like the texture and I was impressed with the colors. Question: is Kiss the same company as Ruby Kisses? They also had some cosmetic products by them.
Kiss Cosmetics Owns Ruby Kisses and several other lines such as Kiss New York.

Copperhead

I picked up the L.A. Girl concealer yesterday in the shade Toast for my dark spots. I want to see the difference between this one and Chestnut. It was 2.99 at a local beauty supply store.

DivaLevy

Concealers that I personally love are:
Mac prolongwear i wear NW 45 it lasts all day, looks natural, doesn't crease, and is just great!
Josie Maran Argan Blend Concealer: Is thick but can be sheered out and blended. Also love it comes with the perfect (sister) peach corrector that can be worn without the concealer.
LA Girl concealers are also pretty good and so cheap! I love the consistency, they blend in beautiful, and last all day once set with a powder.
I have a blog post about the concealers I have spoke of check it out :)

sagehen

Copperhead strikes again (pun intended lol)! I finally grabbed some of the LA Girl concealers from cherry culture. I hope they work as well for me as they did for others in this thread.