concealing acne scars?

lilmzkimmylady

Hey girlies!

So here's my prob... I have this compulsive need to always pick my pimples so they end up scarring pretty bad. (I know, I know... totally my fault! Im trying to stop I swear!) Now I have all these scars on my cheeks and chin. When I put concealer on them and then top it with powder and blush, the spots turn a brownish color and it makes my face look dirty. Am I concealing improperly or doing something wrong?

I use:
- MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation
- MUFE Full Cover Concealer
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder

Im thinking maybe I'm going to try switching concealers, but I also want to ask for product recommendations for both makeup and skincare that may help with the scars. Thanks so much!!

iadoremac

i have the same problem but i use MAC concealer and i apply it with a concealer brush and buff it out with 187,so it blends with my skin and them i apply a thin layer of foundation with 187 and i set it with a msf natural. i'm nw47 btw

SassyMochaJess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
i have the same problem but i use MAC concealer and i apply it with a concealer brush and buff it out with 187,so it blends with my skin and them i apply a thin layer of foundation with 187 and i set it with a msf natural. i'm nw47 btw

What products are you using?

Charlie'sAngel

I have the same skin condition... I have just got off my acne treatment but now I have a face full of scars.. This is how I conceal and what I use:

MAC studio fix fluid
MAC studio finish concealer (make sure it's an NC shade)
A precision concealer brush (lip brushes work well for this too)
MAC studio fix powder

Start with a medium to full coverage foundation to minimize the amount of concealer u will need ( this keeps it looking as natural as possible)
Use a small brush to conceal and use a full coverage cream concealer, not liquid (you will use less and it stays where you put it) and only use it on the scar
Finish with a light dusting of powder foundation (the added coverage will make sure you skin looks even, not blotchy concealer marks)

This has worked well for me, it is almost like an art but the more you practice the better you will get
smiles.gif

lilmzkimmylady

ok girls, so i hit up my local saks to chat with my cousin who is a professional MA (i hadn't seen her in MONTHS so she didnt know how bad my skin had gotten). she recommended a few things with both makeup and skincare products.

skincare:
i use Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleaning Cleanser and the Softener already, so she told me to stick with those, but now I've added Cle De Peau clarifying lotion and Anti-Age Spot Serum. I also have started using Nars Lightening Cream and i've had AMAZING results. The scars have started lightening quite a bit with use of both... i was so amazed at how well it works!

makeup:
Im still using my MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation, but now I've switched to Cle De Peau's concealer (OMG I must rave about this... absolutely AMAZING as well. my scars tended to be dry around them because I was using products to try to lighten them, but this concealer actually has some moisturizing ingredients in it, so it covers my scars and existing acne seamlessly... w0o h0o!) and I'm still using the Armani Luminous Silk powder.

Overall, my face has improved a lot... the scars have started to lighten thanks to the skincare I'm using, and with the new concealer it looks really smooth and nice. My coworkers and friends have noticed the difference. It's expensive to buy all the products, but they last a long time and work really well, so I think if you have the same predicament as I do, try this stuff out. It works! =]

angelicrena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmzkimmylady
ok girls, so i hit up my local saks to chat with my cousin who is a professional MA (i hadn't seen her in MONTHS so she didnt know how bad my skin had gotten). she recommended a few things with both makeup and skincare products.

skincare:
i use Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleaning Cleanser and the Softener already, so she told me to stick with those, but now I've added Cle De Peau clarifying lotion and Anti-Age Spot Serum. I also have started using Nars Lightening Cream and i've had AMAZING results. The scars have started lightening quite a bit with use of both... i was so amazed at how well it works!

makeup:
Im still using my MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation, but now I've switched to Cle De Peau's concealer (OMG I must rave about this... absolutely AMAZING as well. my scars tended to be dry around them because I was using products to try to lighten them, but this concealer actually has some moisturizing ingredients in it, so it covers my scars and existing acne seamlessly... w0o h0o!) and I'm still using the Armani Luminous Silk powder.

Overall, my face has improved a lot... the scars have started to lighten thanks to the skincare I'm using, and with the new concealer it looks really smooth and nice. My coworkers and friends have noticed the difference. It's expensive to buy all the products, but they last a long time and work really well, so I think if you have the same predicament as I do, try this stuff out. It works! =]

hey i was wondering if the Cle De Peau clarifying lotion had a different name? because i tried to google it to buy it online but nothing really comes up...is it called a serum or emulsion or something? and maybe u can tell me where you could find this online....thanks!

lilmzkimmylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicrena
hey i was wondering if the Cle De Peau clarifying lotion had a different name? because i tried to google it to buy it online but nothing really comes up...is it called a serum or emulsion or something? and maybe u can tell me where you could find this online....thanks!

it is called the Clarifying Serum. It works absolutely amazing! At the counter, you can ask for samples of the Anti-Age Spot Serum (that is if you have acne scars like me!). Enjoy the Clarifying Serum! =]

lilmzkimmylady

Oops I didn't address the second question! Sorry! I would suggest buying it from NeimanMarcus.com, because you want to be careful that you get it from a legit store since there are a lot of scammers out there!