Concealing lips so lip products stay true to colour

Cerydwen

Hi,

I have very pigmented lips, which often make the colours of my lip products appear different to swatches. I'm fiding this increasingly annoying, as I search far and wide for beautiful lip colours, only to have their beauty diminished by the pigmentation of my lips :( I received some gorgeous lip balms from Morganacryptoria this morning - they swatch beautifully on my hand, but don't loo nearly as good when I put them on my lips.

I've read some recommendations, and have tried concealer, foundation, powder and white eyeliner to conceal my lip colour and provide a base (not all at the same time!!!), but nothing really works - the products all seem to 'lift' and mix into the colours I'm applying.

Is MAC Lip Erase likely to resolve the issue? I've read mixed reviews. Also, has anyone tried Canmake Lip Concealer?

Thanks! xxx

SubwayDreaming

I love Lip Erase - I use it all the time under lipglass and lipstick. It seems to make lip products look more vibrant and true to colour. However, I would say my lips are just average pigmentation, so I'm not sure if you will get the same results. It might be worth trying!

P.S. I'm about an NC17, and I use the lightest Lip Erase (Pale).

*JJ*

my lips are pretty pigmented too but i'm not a fan of lip erase. i use mac naked lipliner, love it!

Latest posts