confess!

mima

if you're like me, you tend to buy something from every LE collection mac puts out. but how much of it do you keep using once new collections come out and how much gets stuck in a drawer? for me, i keep getting distracted by the shiney new things and will only use something for a few weeks before forgetting about it.

but, i picked up strawberry blonde last week and realized i'd forgotten how gorgeous it is and wore it every day this week. now i'm reusing a lot of the stuff i got from the icon collection back in january of this year!

rainbowcrushed

For me the issue is not buying because I think I'll never use it and regretting it and having to pay phenominal prices for things like stereo rose (thankfully I got a screaming deal at 30 dollars). Orrrrr buying only one and having to sparingly use it because Im terrified of running out.

SARAHluvsMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mima
if you're like me, you tend to buy something from every LE collection mac puts out. but how much of it do you keep using once new collections come out and how much gets stuck in a drawer? for me, i keep getting distracted by the shiney new things and will only use something for a few weeks before forgetting about it.

but, i picked up strawberry blonde last week and realized i'd forgotten how gorgeous it is and wore it every day this week. now i'm reusing a lot of the stuff i got from the icon collection back in january of this year!

do it constantly with my gratis

Chic 2k6

I buy what i would use, its pointless to waste money on a MAC product if its not used at all, i did it with amber lights but now i got more MAC stuff i can now pair AL with other e/s combos.

only MAC item sitting in the drawer is my Shooting Star MSF, doesnt suit me well but its still being used by my mom.

m4dswine

If I won't wear, i don't buy. Simple as. I've hardly bought anything from the Holiday stuff this year, just 1 eyeshadow from Nocturnelle. I will probably buy a couple of things from Danse, but maybe not, until i see up close I don't know.

I'm just easy to please!

prinzessin784

I'm just like you! but I can't bring myself to swap it or sell it away haha, even though I never use it! I went crazy with the lure collection because I had a ton of money from graduation and I never use any of the eye shadows!

Cool Kitten

i only buy stuff i know i'll wear, and tend to skip over whole collections if i have a similar color already.

fantasyar

I agree with most of people here, I just buy what I'll use. Otherwise I think I'm gonna get bankrupt lol

Scorpdva

I am just getting into buying from the collections. I usually buy the colors that look good on me and never explored anything else but now I am hooked on getting a little something from each new line.

Dianora

I use everything I buy. I don't worry about running out of LE things because A) it takes me sooo long to get through one pot of eyeshadow, and B) there's always repromotes and similar colors to pick from. Depotting all of my shadows into a palette really helped keep everything I own out where I see it and use it everyday.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
i only buy stuff i know i'll wear, and tend to skip over whole collections if i have a similar color already.

Same here...
smiles.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Limited editions I LOVE and use all the time, altho after about 10 uses i get scared I'll use it all up and of course cant get it again, but my lure shadows are still getting a very good workout most days!

redambition

i will only buy things i think i will use. if i'm unsure, i leave it. i also will never buy a shade i've never tried online. i have to see it in person first and swipe the tester.

i don't mourn past LE. I try not to get too attached to LE stuff because i know i won't be able to get more later, unless mac repromote or release a very similar colour.

ellemarie

That's not really the case for me. I will admit that I'll wear newer stuff more often then my older stuff when I first buy it, just so I can play with it and figure out how it works with my other makeup. After that, all my eye shadows go into palettes and I pick out colors based solely on the look I want to achieve, regardless of how recently I bought them. I actually wish I'd slow down when I use Pollen, Moth Brown, Lucky Green, etc. because they're so difficult to replace.

gretchygretch84

I really fell in love with summer neutral and bought a backup when I was using it like every day for 2 weeks. In the months since sundressing I've used it oh, maybe 3 times.

Latest posts