confused about face products

notmyhand

Alright, well for the first time ever I'm actually looking into face makeup and this is what I have decided so far:
MAC Prep+Prime
BE mineral foundation
182 MAC brush to apply that
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Sephora Bronzer Brush (Or should I get a different brush?)
Nars Orgasm Blush
Japonesque Blush Brush

However I was looking at the MSFs and the MSF naturals and like the look of them. But I'm not sure how I would use them with the above items. I understand I should get the 187 to apply the MSF just on top of my blush for a highlight. But what about the naturals? Would putting on mineral foundation after the Prep+Prime and then using the MSF natural on top of that followed by bronzer and blush be too much?

I'm just super confused about like foundation vs pressed powder and other small things. Thanks so much!

REYNALD0C

Thats alot of product i must say.

Ditch the MAC Prep & Prime and go for Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer instead! Apply moisturizer then Primer

Buff on the BE with the 182

put blush on with a brush like the 129, then brozer on temples and contour with it, same 129.

I say set it all with MAC Fix+ to take away the powderyness from all those powder products.

then use a lil BE get the 129 clean it a bit, use the BE on your nose and forehead lightly to take away shine that the Fix+ adds.

REYNALD0C

OH, and if you decide to get the new MSFs, you can....

moisturize then prime with Smashbox blahh blahh

Buff on the BE with 182

use a 129 to apply the shimmery MSF on cheeks (shimpagne etc)

then sprits Fix+

then use 129 to put on the matte MSF just on nose and forehead(light, medium etc)

also, I dont really like the look of shimmery blushes and shimmery bronzers.

I like just one of them being shimmery.

BUT I love just using one at a time blush or bronzer.

maxcat

Honestly (and I'll admit to a bit of the fabulous BE use outside MAC!) ...I've found it Does Not Like Primer Period. I've got the smashbox one, too - I really just don't think you'll need it... and they're EXPENSIVE! You could have a whole other thing, or two, if you leave it out. BE seems to be best with very lightly moisturized skin.
Primer, just as a btw, was a product that emerged out of photoshoots in the days before photoshop - a quick onset fix for dodgy pores by slathering silicone on them - a lot of my clients have heard miracles but wind up finding with long term use it bungs up their skin.

REYNALD0C

Oh BE and the primer dont agree?

ditch it then!

hahaha the primer is expensive so I got a couple of the small travel tubes to try it, and I love it.

ledonatella

Primer is a nice thing but it really depends on your skin. My skin is sesitive and the only thing I use as primer is Estee Lauder Idealist (which is a skincare/primer combo), everything else breaks me out, so just maybe try some first or get samples first before spending the $$$ on it. BE minerals are really good, looks nice and are good for most skins. In the summer, I switched to Loose Blot Powder & a liquid foubndation becaue BE really has no oil control to it. The rest sounds good to me, you'll love NARS blushes too, they are awesome! (sorry MAC!)