confused and a bit sad

Blueeyesangel18

Recently I just turned 21 and while I felt great and all I could not help but think about my looks, getting older,wrinkles and such. It all started after the run up to by bday some girl said she thought I looked much older than 21 and this is a girl who wears little or no makeup so for the last few days I have lost total interest in makeup and have started to take care of my skin not be lazy with skincare but I miss makeup and I think I look quite dull and boring without it not to mention I dont think I look pretty and I dont feel like me anymore.
Has anyone else on this forum felt this way?? I'm really annoyed about feeling this way my bf says I look beautiful without makeup all the time and frowns when I put it on but I can't help but think he is wrong....

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyesangel18
Recently I just turned 21 and while I felt great and all I could not help but think about my looks, getting older,wrinkles and such. It all started after the run up to by bday some girl said she thought I looked much older than 21 and this is a girl who wears little or no makeup so for the last few days I have lost total interest in makeup and have started to take care of my skin not be lazy with skincare but I miss makeup and I think I look quite dull and boring without it not to mention I dont think I look pretty and I dont feel like me anymore.
Has anyone else on this forum felt this way?? I'm really annoyed about feeling this way my bf says I look beautiful without makeup all the time and frowns when I put it on but I can't help but think he is wrong....

ssad.gif
I am sorry you feel this way. You are the ripe old age of 21. I am 46.. so maybe what I am about to say to you sounds ancient, but I will say it anyway: You will find in life that there are always people who tell you things in a very disguised way, female friends are usually the culprits. This is caused by some kind of jealousy or just the human meanness in many people.

You love makeup... use it. Your boyfriend thinks you are pretty, believe him. Why do you question yourself and someone as close as your boyfriend?
nonono.gif

Don't let nasty people ruin your feelings for good things -- they do this because they know they can get to you and hurt you somehow.. or, at best make you feel insecure. Don't let them.

Go put on your makeup, and look spectacular. Go out with your boyfriend.. and when you do, say Hi to the "friend" who so subtly put you down.. and say.. Thanks!.. it is because of you I have more energy and more will to look better and be happier
yahoo.gif
cutey.gif
tong.gif

User38

p.s. You don't know how lucky you are until you get older, or get sick.. Enjoy life now!
smiles.gif

User35

Yeah I agree with Hergreyness. 21 is waaaaaaaay too young to worry about wrinkles and getting old. 80 is old 90 is old. And who give a Sh*t about wrinkles? Worry about suceeding in your career, helping people, being a good postive person. Everyone ages and there is no way to get around it. We all lose that battle.

florabundance

It's weird. I'm gonna be 19 this week and I know how you feel LOL (like, shit am I getting old?). It's actually pretty funny/ridiculous when you think about it. Just put it into perspective - we've got our entire lives ahead of us! And that girl could have been commenting in regards to anything. It's not just wrinkles that show someones age. If you're mature then it shows in the way you carry yourself..seriously, there could be a number of things. More to the point, it could have been a compliment.
Stop worrying and go out and be 21!!!

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
p.s. You don't know how lucky you are until you get older, or get sick.. Enjoy life now!
smiles.gif

I'm 36 and I would venture out to say that this is definitely true. Right now, this seems like a HUGE deal. But, in reality, there is so much worse that could happen. You are beautiful and the douchebag that made that comment is an idiot. Don't let it affect you. When you do, you hand over all your power to that person. Sounds cheesy, but it is true....

MissResha

man...im about to be 30! i still don't have any major wrinkles so just take care of yourself now
smiles.gif
getting older has benefits too.

Simply Elegant

Worrying speeds up wrinkles, so don't worry so much. This girl seems to have issues of her own saying things like that. Focus on making you feel good and it'll show.

But if you really want to be preventive, sunscreen is really what you need the most.