Constructive Criticism Needed!

JustAddSparkles

Today I would very much like constructive criticism on my eyeliner. I am well aware that it is flawed in major ways, I'd absolutely love to know what I could do to create a more defined line. Maybe it's because I'm new to gel eyeliner and I've never attempted such a drastic winged look before, but I'd like to not repeat the mistake. I lined the eye while it was closed, and when it's open, the corner looks like I just piled black e/s in it. Is it just my eye shape, or is there a way to avoid this? Thanks for any tips, I truly appreciate it!
smiles.gif

Here's what I'm wearing today:
MAC Studio Fix N5
Laura Mercier secret camo concealer
Benefit High Beam
MAC Ladyblush blushcreme
MAC Prim & Proper blush
MAC Angel lipstick
MAC Partial to Pink CSG
MAC Paint pot in Painterly
MAC pigment in Fuschia
MAC e/s Blurr
MAC Fluidline Blacktrack
Benefit BADgal lash

makeba

You did good I must say but the only thing is I would not extend up as high as you have it. take it 1/3 of the way up and your good. The inner eye area to the outer eye area you did well. check out Mslips(?) fotds she is awesome at a winged liner! practice make perfect!!

User38

I think your eyeliner looks good -- but for daywear/normal, I would also cut it off below where the contour area meets the eyelid. This would take the drama from it, but it would be more workable
smiles.gif

Dreamingeagle24

I wear winged liner for my daily look. It is part of my signature look, I tell you this because i have been doing it for years! It is all about practice really. I also find that sometimes how comfortable the brush is in your hand makes a difference. my absolute favorite is the clear handle BE liner brush. I like it over all other liner brushes I have used. And I have used a lot. I think from your pic, you did a good job, and just need to practice to get that fluid motion down pat. Also i agree with the other girls, that for day, depending on where you are going, you might not want to take the wing out as far. Just a little flip up at the outer corners really adds a lot. But when you go out, pull out the drama! LOL.

You are gorgeous and I think the winged look suits you!

JustAddSparkles

Thank you all, I appreciate it
smiles.gif

I was just playing around and staying at home today- I definitely would not have even considered pulling it half as high as I did had I left the house haha.

JustAddSparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekatalyst
with as far out as you winged, it would look hot with some dram falsies!

That's what I was thinking later in the day-- I just threw my last two pairs out though. If I attempt this again, that will be a must
smiles.gif

Here is the cleaned up, less winged, going in public version(pic is awful since it was later in the night when I took this and I suck with my Nikon outside of natural light) :

mariserinb

i like to line with my eye kind of half open, then open my eye to do the wing, that way i can see exactly how it will look and get the right shape.

Kirsty

I always line with my eyes open using a 210 brush. I think it helps to see where you are going, if I line with eyes closed, it looks wobbly & un-even.

Latest posts