Consultation interview with Clinique

So, I've been reading around on these boards and have found some great information!! Thanks Ladies!!! I've recently applied at the Clinique counter at my local Bon-Ton store. I've had my interview with the cosmetic department manager and the Clinique Rep for my area. I also had my talent plus interview this morning.

My last step is to go in and meet the Counter Manager for a Consultation. I know this is usually done before your talent plus phone interview but my interviews were a little backwards.

I'm unsure of what to expect with the Consultation. I'm i going to have to apply makeup on anyone or is it going to be applied to me? I've never worked in the cosmetics industry before but am dying to get into it.

Any info you guys can give me about this Consultation or working for Clinique would be great.

I know you guys probably can't talk about it but i was questioning pay too. I'm wondering if I'll get the same rate as the other Bon-ton employees in the area which is less then 8 an hour, or if they pay their make-up counter people more. It seems like a lot of work to just be making minimum wage.

Thanks for your info in advance!!

MissMarley

I love working for Clinique- they treat us really well. In your consultation, it'll be the counter manager actually doing a consultation on YOU- walking you through how a new Clinique customer is treated. You won't be applying or trying to sell the product. However, during the consultation, she'll be asking you how you would react to a situation or what you would say. Make sure you focus on good customer service, suggestive selling, meeting goals- those are all big things for Clinique.

I love working there, as frustrating as retail can be- it's a great line, we get awesome gratis, and I really like and believe in the products. good luck!