Contact Lens Wearers and Eye makeup

babycoconut

I was wondering how do you fellow contact lens wearers manage wearing eyeshadows? I noticed that with some eyeshadows somehow get into my lenses and just become annoying. I find that I will then have to take out my lens and clean it off. Anyone else have this problem?

mayflower

Hey Babycoconut! I've been wearing both contacts and makeup since I was twelve and I remember being a lot harsher to them than I am now :D I've never had eyeshadow falling into my eye, though, but from what it sounds like, maybe you need to use a better base to keep them in place?
I know that when I try to use lustres like mythology, or pigments or anything with glitter without a base, they go all over.. but since they're on your lid, it's actually your lashes' job to keep them out of your eyes!
I also try not to use anything to glittery near the inner corner of my eye (highlighter!) because that's where I find it gets into my eye the easiest, right next to lining the waterline, so I skip that mostly..
Just my 2cents, hope this helped!

Vixstar

Hello :)

I've not had much of a problem with eyeshadow falling in my eye, unless it's got chunky glitter. Sometimes if I get it too close to the waterline shadow can get 'sucked' into my eye in my tears - that doesn't happen often though.

Perhaps try using a stickier base for your eyeshadows? I find UDPP a good base but sometimes it's not quite sticky enough for the 'heavier' pigments - shadesticks and paint pots tend to do better for me then.

It's well worth getting some waterproof eyeliner as well, this might minimise shadow falling into your eye by keeping it away from your lash line. :)

honybr

I wear contacts and another good practice I've learned from Specktra is to tap off the excess on the brush to minimize the fall out.