Contact lens wearers?

charms23

Do you put in your contacts first then your makeup, or the other way around? Any other tips for someone new to wearing contacts? TIA!

Sanne

I wear contacts since one month (everybody was telling me to because they couldn't see my make-up w/ my glasses on!) and I put my lenses on first. sometimes my lensen won't go in, and I have tears all around my eyes, and that would ruin my make-up.

what do you guys think about colored lenses?
IMO they make your eyes look dead, I allways find them look so fake!

midnightlouise

I'm legally blind without my contacts so I have to put mine in first lol! but even if I wasn't, for me it's better to have the contacts in already. I had to take mine out once to clean them and when I tried to put them back in, I messed up my liner, shadow, undereye concealer etc. by holding my eyes open to put them in! I guess it's just a matter of personal preference, though
smiles.gif

Lolita

I put mine in first, then do my makeup. Every once in a while I'll forget to put them in, and will have to do it afterwards, but it screws up my liner and mascara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
what do you guys think about colored lenses?
IMO they make your eyes look dead, I allways find them look so fake!

I friggin hate colored contacts. I'm sorry if I offend anybody, but I really think they are horrible and tacky 90% of the time. I find mostly people with brown eyes get colored contacts (blue/gree/purple/whatever) and I never understand why. I would LOVE to have brown eyes. I have naturally blue/green eyes, and blue/green shadow just looks retarded on me. maybe I should get brown contacts
greengrin.gif

AnGeLNS363

yea, i cant do my mu without my contacts in- i havta wear glasses when i'm not wearing contacts, so imagine trying to do e/s and amscara, etc, with glasses?! also, make sure that you keep your eyes moist (like with rewetting drops, etc.) because otehrwise, your eyes will get too dry and eventually either burn or tear- both of which ruins mu!

charms23

thanks for all of your advice! I can see a little bit without contacts but it does make sense to wear them first then put on makeup.

thanks again!
smiles.gif

sara13

I leave my contacts in almost all the time. I have the Focus Night & Day lenses which are the best thing ever, in my opinion. I love, love, love them.

beautifulxdisaster

as preference, I put them in *when I actually do wear them* before makeup.

I agree about the tacky colored ones! I can tell 90% of the time when some one wears contacts because of the weird line around the eyes. Unless it looks natural, it isn't really enhancing.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita
I friggin hate colored contacts. I'm sorry if I offend anybody, but I really think they are horrible and tacky 90% of the time. I find mostly people with brown eyes get colored contacts (blue/gree/purple/whatever) and I never understand why. I would LOVE to have brown eyes. I have naturally blue/green eyes, and blue/green shadow just looks retarded on me. maybe I should get brown contacts
greengrin.gif

I think sometimes people with brown eyes always want a different color because we are considered dull eyed...Brown hair for the longest was that way too, but now people are actually starting to go darker colors with lowlights & highlights. For the most part, Ive noticed some people with straight hair want it curly, with curly hair want it straight, brown eyes want blue or green, blue eyes want brown..I dont know I just know I would have killed for curly hair when I was younger, and my bestfriend had curly hair and used to iron it cause she wanted straight hair so bad..Id kill for green eyes, but I wont wear fake colors :\

Alison

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemeng
I wear glasses instead of contacts.

Me too and it is such a pain. I was considering getting contacts but I only wear my glasses at school and when I drive so I don't think it would be worth it.

mandyjw82

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
I'm legally blind without my contacts so I have to put mine in first lol! but even if I wasn't, for me it's better to have the contacts in already. I had to take mine out once to clean them and when I tried to put them back in, I messed up my liner, shadow, undereye concealer etc. by holding my eyes open to put them in! I guess it's just a matter of personal preference, though
smiles.gif

i am the exact same=P

dawnmelissa

i think i must be the only one to put my contacts in after my makeup, i get dust from my eyeshadow on them if i put them in before hand, hell, i've been wearing htem for 10 years, no reason to change now
winks.gif

Lolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
I think sometimes people with brown eyes always want a different color because we are considered dull eyed...Brown hair for the longest was that way too, but now people are actually starting to go darker colors with lowlights & highlights. For the most part, Ive noticed some people with straight hair want it curly, with curly hair want it straight, brown eyes want blue or green, blue eyes want brown..I dont know I just know I would have killed for curly hair when I was younger, and my bestfriend had curly hair and used to iron it cause she wanted straight hair so bad..Id kill for green eyes, but I wont wear fake colors :\

I dont think brown eyes and brown hair is dull at all, I honestly find that look so sexy and mysterious! I have dark blonde hair, and blue/green eyes naturally and I find that look dull, partly because its such a cliche look and everybody dyes their hair and wears contacts to look that way. I actually dye my hair darker but I guess me dying my hair brown is no different than somebody with brown eyes wearing blue contacts. Youre right about everybody wanting what they dont have
smiles.gif

Nuttyuyen

I always put my contacts in before putting on my makeup--especially since I get a little teary eyed when I put in my contacts and I wouldnt wanna ruin the eyeliner....

MACreation

before definatelly, i notice when i try afterwards the contacts fall out since i get makeup in my eye and my fingertip touches my eye as well......it's just a big mess i rather avoid, so try and avoid getting the makeup in your eye while they are in, that's easier to get used to
smiles.gif

MacLover

I wear my glasses most of the time. I'm allergic to the plastic that the contact is made of (just found this out a couple of months ago). When I do wear contacts (only for special occasions) I put them in before I do my makeup.

I got a trial pair of Acuvue Advance, and I Love Them! Has anybody tried them?