Contouring anyone?

miz_becki

Hey ive looked around these forums and im still a little unsure as to what contouring does exactly? I recently bought some blusher and this revlon skin lights stick thing lol and I just want to have a kinda healthy glow but im not sure where to put them and yeahhh could anyone help me out with anything to do with this cause im seriously confused

miz_becki

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinmys0ng
hey there! This thread should really help you out!

contouring

Yeah lol thanks i read that thread before and u probably think im really dumb but i still dont see what it does, does it change ur face shape or emphasize a certain point of ur face? I just wanted to look glowy lol but i dont know how

martygreene

Contouring allows you to adjust the appearance of various facial feature, most notably bone structure, and is done by creating highlight and shadow in places where they naturally fall or would fall with the desired features.

This FOTD thread shows a good application of contouring: http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39145

Contouring is by no means a required part of makeup application. It is more commonly used on stage and film, for runway shows, and for correcting "flaws" (crooked nose, short nose, wide face, large forehead, etc).

miz_becki

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Contouring allows you to adjust the appearance of various facial feature, most notably bone structure, and is done by creating highlight and shadow in places where they naturally fall or would fall with the desired features.

This FOTD thread shows a good application of contouring: http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39145

Contouring is by no means a required part of makeup application. It is more commonly used on stage and film, for runway shows, and for correcting "flaws" (crooked nose, short nose, wide face, large forehead, etc).

That was a really good explanation thanks!I apply foundation and then translucent powder over that,if i wanted to contour a certain feauture do i contour after ive applied the powder or before?

martygreene

If you are using creme or liquid products to contour, then I would do so prior to powder. If you are using powder products, you may wish to apply your regular translucent powder first, as it will make blending the powder highlight/shadow much easier.

Locke

I've been eyeing that new BE contour duo. Anyone tried it yet? I doubt I could get it to work for me, though. Whenever I attempt contouring I just wind up looking.... bad.
th_confused_new.gif

wavey.gif

Sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
I've been eyeing that new BE contour duo. Anyone tried it yet? I doubt I could get it to work for me, though. Whenever I attempt contouring I just wind up looking.... bad.
th_confused_new.gif

wavey.gif

haha same hereee

MisStarrlight

I love contouring! I don't know why, but my face doesn't seem complete w/o at least a little bit. I tend to use gingerly blush so it's not over the top. I guess it's just cause one of the reasons I got into makeup was because of theatre so contouring just came naturally....and since I'm so pale, I feel washed out w/o it.
I usually do the hollows of my cheeks, outer sides of my nose & under my chin. Sometimes I'll do under my lip to pout it out a little. If you do it to compliment your face & use a color that is just slightly darker you can definitely do it daily.