Contouring for the newbie and broke! LOL

Ange1

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Hiya!

I notice that I probably have to start to contour my face a bit, because I my face shape doesn't really translate well in pictures. I've found the MAC Sculpt & Shape Powder Warm Light Definitive on eBay for less than $25, but I'd like to first get a cheap practice contour powder.

Any thing you'd recommend for a WOC? For color reference, in Iman I'm a clay 5, and I have a Mac studio sculpt concealer in NW45 that watches my skin perfectly.

I need something that's build-able, not too heavily pigmented, and preferably drugstore, NYX, or a cheap eBay product.

Thx in advance for the help!

ebay.gif
lol

dominichulinda

you can use a cheap matte brown eyeshadow.

ct.jpg

I use loads of stuff for contouring, but here is a cheap eyeshadow duo I use sometimes:

ARISSA E/S DUO (NUTTY): Matte eyeshadow great for contouring/highlighting as well as for the eyebrows.

Entice

Honestly I say get the MAC Shape and Sculpt in Warm Light Definitive, it is worth it. I use it to define my cheekbones and I'm an NC50/NW45 and it works very well.

MissResha

one of my fav things to contour with is NYX blush in Cocoa. it's a pinky brown, that looks more natural. and its very pigmented so its buildable. and its like 5 bucks.

TISH1124

I second the Sculpt and Shape duos...check the clearance bins you may be able to find something there at a discount...I also like Blunt if you have that blush.....try to get a blush that is a couple shades darker than your skintone....matte is best for contouring IMO

Dayjoy

I like to use MAC Studio Stick in NW55--so you can fine the Iman equivalent--or go two shades darker than your normal shade--if you're clay5, maybe earth2 or 3. I agree you can also use any cheap dark brown shadow--Jane Brownie Points is a good one.

Superkaz

NYX Blush in Taupe is so similar to MACs Emote.
I would definitely try it out first on your skin tone.

Latest posts