Contouring suggestion

Tubachick02

I am doing a photo shoot soon and realized I will be doing my own make-up and should contour my face some ( I have a rather round face and almost no cheekbones). I am a MAC NC15-20 with auburn hair (if that matters). I cannot get to MAC or MUFE, Sephora, ulta, pretty much any of the places I would normally go for this. What I do have is all your basic stores (Target, Wal-mart, ect.) and counters for Origins, Prescriptives, Lancome, Este Lauder, Clinique and Clarins. I need a cood powder for contouring my face any suggestions, the people at the counters are pretty much useless unless you already know what you want,

Gwen

PS if you have any more questions that need answered I will be more than willing to do so. I do know how to contour, just don't normally do it on myself

nattyngeorge

Alot of people use face powders that are a few shades darker than your skin tone. I've purchased a L'Oreal True Match powder in a dark shade and it works good as a contour for me. Also, maybe take a look at Physician's Formula. They have loads of matte bronzers that would work well. A couple other popular drugstore contours are NYX Taupe Blush and NYC Sunny Bronzer. One of my personal favorites is Estee Lauder Matte Bronze.

Tubachick02

THANK YOU, I am so pale I almost never look at bronzers, I just put on my Well Dressed and be happy, i never even thought of them as bronzers

nattyngeorge

No problem! Yeah, any non shimmery bronzers work. You want to add a natural shadow to your face (under your cheekbones) so your cheekbones will stand out and look more defined. If its shimmery, it won't look as natural. Keep the shimmer for your highlight!
smiles.gif
If you're new to contouring, check out this vid! It really helped me out. YouTube - **How to Contour/Highlight & Apply Blush**

Tubachick02

I have done contouring before, but on other people with their make-up, I don't have bronzers because I have not found the right one that does not just make my skin look dirty lol

DirtyHarriet

Try a darker color of a stick foundation too. The cream will blend easier into your foundation than the powder. I just make thin 'stripes' along the hollows of my cheeks and then blend down with a foundation brush.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
Try a darker color of a stick foundation too. The cream will blend easier into your foundation than the powder. I just make thin 'stripes' along the hollows of my cheeks and then blend down with a foundation brush.

I was just popping in on this to read what you guys suggested. I am new to contouring and I haven't tried anything but powder. Thanks, I will try this with a cream. Is there any you recommend that would be friendly to oily skin? Also I am on the pale side of NC15.

LRMakeup

I agree with using a slightly darker foundation color. Bronzers could work but a lot of times they are too orange and it won't look natural on the camera. If you do decide to use bronzer or blush, look for one with a slightly grey hue to it to mimic shadow.

When doing photoshoots, I usually mix in darker foundation with the color I am applying to the whole face. It looks really good and natural, which is key
smiles.gif