contouring trio

missmacqtr

contour_main.jpg

i really like this ..and the video is very helpful ..take a look..

contour_howto_001.jpg

contour_howto_003.jpg

just click on the pic
yes.gif

what do you think?

BTW i think the LED lights on this compact are really cute
thmbup.gif

Obreathemykiss

gosh, I think I might have to get that. It would be nice for everyday and dramatic looks. The video is very helpful, as you said. I would like some input from others as well. Thanks for this info!

elegant-one

Looks nice. I have a very similar set by Mally Beauty. The brushes in the video look great especially the flat larger one...50 bucks! they're sold out of the eye brush. I've not used Stila, so I would love to hear from others

Dreamergirl3

Yes, if anyone's used this or tested it in-store, please share your thoughts
smiles.gif
I'm very interested in it, but from what I've seen so far it looks a little orange for my light yellow-olive skin...

oh and thanks for the vid!

deven.marie

I love this trio, its one of stila's best sellers at ulta (where i work) and people always ask me to demo it for them. generally people love it and it works well on a variety of skintones, depending on how heavily you load the brush with color
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

deven.marie, would you say that it has orangey or red undertones? Hopefully I can check this out in person this weekend at sephora...

deven.marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
deven.marie, would you say that it has orangey or red undertones? Hopefully I can check this out in person this weekend at sephora...

it definitely has a more yellow undertone than red or orange, i have never seen it show up as being orangey or fake-tan looking on anyone. it shows up differently depending on your skintone though, of course
smiles.gif

too bad you live in san jose, or else i would say come to san mateo and visit me at ulta!!
smiles.gif

Darling20

I recently purchased this item and I love it. The case is a bit large, but as long as you apply it correctly, it's great. IMO, there aren't any orange undertones..

vividdreamer

I'm hitting up Sephora on Tuesday and I'm absolutely checking these out. I've been looking for a good contouring set, and I love Stila, so I think these may be just the right fit!

MzzRach

I own this, and like it as lot. I am an NW20 and sometimes use the "contouring" shade like I would a bronzer - to give my face a bit of warmth. This shade also works well with the light (non-shimmer) shade in the compact for a quick low-key neutral eye.

The shimmery shade I really like, as it is not overly frosty and just gives a nice glow. A lot of highlighters are too frosty for me - this is very subtle and natural looking.

I would say if you are looking for something dramatic, this will not deliver that for you. However, I find it very useful for quick & easy looks along with being able to subtly contour the face as well.

Thumbs up from me. ;-)

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariesgirly
Question, do you use blush with the contouring set too?

I do. I use a blush on the apples of my cheeks.