Controlling Eyeliner running

Sushi.

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend anything that i could do to control my eyeliner from running. I wear prestige liquid eyeliner on the top of my lid and any drugstore pencil liner on my waterline at the moment, ive already started making a point of not putting the liner on the water line to the very inside of my eye.

but about half way through the day when i check up on my makeup, the eyeliner is starting to run in the corners of my eyes, mostly im concerned about the outside, cause it destroys any wing affect that I do, but even if i put it just on the edge of the eyelid i still see a little mark, where i guess it gets moist and then ruins it.

ClaireAvril

my eyes are always watering.
I've been told for the lower lashline set it with a shadow.. like carbon.

Kiss and Makeup

Have you tried using waterproof eyeliners? I have to use waterproof/gel eyeliners (like MUFE Aqua Eyes or MAC Fluidline, respectively) AND set them with eyeshadow AND do touch ups throughout the day. I hate contacts :\ I've also noticed that my liquid eyeliners run more than pencils or gels.

If you want to do touch-ups, if you need to, I'd use a pointed-end Q-tip to fix the smudge to keep your winged-eye. I've heard some people set the waterline with their eyeshadow, but that sounds painful to me and I wouldn't recommend it.

Sushi.

I know ive used waterproof pencil liners but never liquid, ill definitly try that out, and maybe even look into getting MUFE Aqua eyes. And ya i wear contacts as well, its horrible, when i wear them its a garunteed to have eyeliner messed up. Thank you very much for all the tips
smiles.gif
ill definitly put them to use.

Ive been wanting to get carbon or black tied for awhile for some smokey eye looks, so maybe ill pick some up today to try out setting the eyeliner with.

blindpassion

One of my fav MA's told me to put a dab of MACs Matte Gel on each corner of your eyes, apparently it stops them from watering?
smiles.gif

I have this same problem, I've used every eyeliner under the sun it seems like, with no luck. Currently, I use hip's black cream eyeliner, but I think that's my problem. I have oily skin, and I live in a very humid state, plus my eyes water a lot, (wow I got a lot working against me, eh?) so I think it causes the cream and pencils to sort of liquify again and then smear. I only have one fluidline, sweet sage, and I've noticed that it does not do that. Or, if it does, the color isn't as noticeable as the black is. Plan on purchasing blacktrack this weekend and giving it a shot, because I feel your pain. It completely ruins the look and for me, it makes me look like I have a black eye and don't know how to put makeup on.

Kayteuk

I tend to put some fix spray in a little pot with my blacktrack and then let it dry a bit, and then apply. It stays on for a lot longer in my opinion and is less likely to run.
I have had this done on several modeling shoots now so I think this is probably a safe way of doing it =)

chamichams

When lining my upper lash line I use MAC's liquidlast liner. I gave up on pencils whether they are waterproof or not. Another good liquid liner is Urban Decay's. Both of these do not flake and stay on the whole day without touch ups. As for the waterline I recommend Smashbox's jet set gel liner or Stila's smudge pot.

chamichams

When lining my upper lash line I use MAC's liquidlast liner. I gave up on pencils whether they are waterproof or not. Another good liquid liner is Urban Decay's. Both of these do not flake and stay on the whole day without touch ups. As for the waterline I recommend Smashbox's jet set gel liner or Stila's smudge pot.

Latest posts