Convince me to keep Expensive Pink

Renee73

Well, I finally purchased my first VP - expensive pink. I'm a little disappointed, it looks kind of orangy on me (I'm lt/med complexion, brown hair, hazel eyes). I put expensive pink on inner lid, naked lunch on outer and crease and shroom to highlight.

How do you wear expensive pink, do you like it? Should I just return it and go for my second choice which was Swish? Finally are there any other Veluxe Pearls that you recommend that are super easy to use?

Sorry for all the questions. TIA!

karen

I use it mostly on the outer lid/crease, to add depth to some of my lighter oranges, peaches, pinks, and a few light browns.
The other day I wore it with beige-ing(browbone highlight) and Lovebud(used as a wash). It was quite pretty. Ex Pink took some getting used to for me, as well. However, I do love the veluxe pearls. It was the colour that took some getting used to.
I've noticed that since I've transferred my e/s(depotted them all) to a few 15 palettes, it's been much easier to see combinations to use them together. Ex pink actually has a lot more uses than I thought before depotting.
Try lining them all up together and see what jumps out at you. I wouldn't personally get rid of it. This was quite a recent revelation for me. I wasn't too fond of ex pink before doing this. Now it's pretty much indispensable.
hope that helps some
smiles.gif

Other great colours I like in VP finish:
Woodwinked, Coppering, Twinks, Sumptuous Olive, Gorgeous Gold, Da Bling, and Stars n Rockets.

If you want to look only at VP finishes, go here and select the finish from the list:
http://www.maccosmetics.com/template..._ID=PROD1 503

BlahWah

I haven't tried it out personally, but for my suster's makeover an MA used Expensive Pink on the outer lid, Nylon on the inner lid and highlight, then Woodwinked as a wash over the lid. It looked more neutral than I thought it'd turn out, and my sister liked it though she doesn't usually wear makeup.

I've been eyeing it for quite some time myself, and can't wait to use it with Steamy and/or Aquadisiac. I actually want it b/c it has the orangey tone to it! As for Swish (another one I don't have =T), I understand it to be a more cool-toned and a truer pink than EP. Hopefully someone can confirm that for us! HTH!

mandirigma

personally, i hate swish. i have major problems with the sparkle and it comes off way more reflective than it does pink on me. if you're gonna exchange expensive pink, i'd recommend da bling instead. it's about the same color as swish in the pot with less shimmer and it's veluxe pearl. here's a swatch:

http://specktra.net/forum/gallery/sh...hp?i=1442&c=25

but i just got expensive pink myself and i love it. i used it with orange tangent and a BE eyeshadow (citrus twist) last week for a nice sunset-like look. it looks more pink when it's next to melon-y colors, and i'd recommend trying to work with it a little more before you return it, unless you're looking for a real, true pink.

MDgyrl4life

I love expensive pink. I usually use it with amberlights. Expensive pink on the inside edge and amberlights on the outer edge.

aziajs

I love Expensive Pink. And you're right, it does look a little orange. I think of it as a golden coral. The name is a little misleading. Anyway, you should keep it. I use it with Amber Lights or Paradisco. I have used other things too but I can't recall at the moment.

Kat

I swear by expensive pink. Either on the lid with woodwinked in the crease, or woodwinked all over the lid with expensive pink in the crease and up on to the brow bone with shroom to highlight. Great everyday look! Keep it!

laurenmo88

wow this is a tough one...expensive pink AND swish are my favorite pink colors...i say keep ep and use it with cranberry in the crease and shroom as highlight - but i would go get swish too!

Nick

I really like Expensive Pink and try to make it look as orange as possible. I pair it with Gorgeous Gold, Rule and Coppering. If you don't want an orange-peach pink you should return it. Swish isn't true pink either, though. It's pretty lavender.

MAC_Pixie04

Steamy in inner lid, amber lights in middle lid, expensive pink in other 1/3 of lid, hepcat in crease....HOT.

Renee73

Thanks so much ladies! You've convinced me. I took a couple of your ideas and now I love it. Instead of on the lid I put exp pink in crease and naked lunch on lid with shroom to highlight and it looks great. Also, I paired it with an Amber Lights look a like for a more dramatic look and it looked nice. Thanks again for your opinions!

Rowan

Glad you love it. This is such a pretty shadow. But here's something else - try it as a blush sometime. Someone here, I forget who, suggested that, & it works great. Pretty by itself & also layered over a peach or peach-pink blush. It would probably look pretty over bronzer too, but I haven't personally worn it that way yet.

Thanks for starting the thread. I love EP, but have had trouble figuring out different eye combinations w/it. Now I have lots of ideas!