Cool or warm?

Kiwi Girlie

I've never really known if im warm or cool toned, I've done the underarm trick where if your veins look more blue your cool and if they are greener warm?

These pic's are not very good as it's from a webcam, my eyes are blue if you can't see, can't find my digi cam
ssad.gif
Can you tell me if you think im warm or cool?

(clickable thumbnails)

I'd also like some eyeshadow, pigment, blush and lip rec's, I always thought bronzey gold coloured and brown eyeshadows looked best on me but I would like any recs
greengrin.gif

i'll try get better pics once I find my cam.

Hawkeye

I've always been from the school of thought that there is no "cool" or "warm". Just merely colors that look better on some people.
smiles.gif

But that's just me.

But your question was are you cool or warm-my answer is this-I think you are neutral toned just looking at you
smiles.gif

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
I've always been from the school of thought that there is no "cool" or "warm". Just merely colors that look better on some people.
smiles.gif

But that's just me.

But your question was are you cool or warm-my answer is this-I think you are neutral toned just looking at you
smiles.gif

I always thought I could be Neutral toned, I don't really fit into either the warm or cold categories.

Thanks for that, do you have any suggestions on colours you think would look good on me?
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

You are just so pretty naturally
smiles.gif

I would say bronzes (as you have said), taupes, maybe olive greens, browns, if you want to get itno more color you can try blue based purples

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
You are just so pretty naturally
smiles.gif

I would say bronzes (as you have said), taupes, maybe olive greens, browns, if you want to get itno more color you can try blue based purples

Aw thanks
blush-anim-cl.gif

Great, I love all those colours so i'll have a good look at them next time im at my counter. Thanks for your help !!

Fairybelle

Everyone's posted some great inputs!! Here's another trick to try. Turn your wrist over and look at the veins that pop thru (do this in a well-lit area). If the veins look more 'greenish' then you are warmer toned. If the veins look more 'blueish' then you are cooler toned. However, try both sides of the spectrum to see what colors ultimately work for you. The wrist trick works best when selecting foundation colors, where tone is everything. Colors are a bit more fun--you can probably get away with almost every color, but some shades will be more flattering to you than others. It is simply a matter of looking in the mirror and seeing what you like! The great thing about all colors: if you hate it, just take it off! HTH!

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Everyone's posted some great inputs!! Here's another trick to try. Turn your wrist over and look at the veins that pop thru (do this in a well-lit area). If the veins look more 'greenish' then you are warmer toned. If the veins look more 'blueish' then you are cooler toned. However, try both sides of the spectrum to see what colors ultimately work for you. The wrist trick works best when selecting foundation colors, where tone is everything. Colors are a bit more fun--you can probably get away with almost every color, but some shades will be more flattering to you than others. It is simply a matter of looking in the mirror and seeing what you like! The great thing about all colors: if you hate it, just take it off! HTH!

I did the vein thing and I think they look more blue, But it's weird because I find alot of cool toned eyeshadows don't look right on me at all, and I always find it hard to get liquid foundations that match my skintone.

Thankyou for your advice
smiles.gif

Latest posts