Cool toned... but am I still cool toned with fake tan? + Estee Lauder Double Wear recs

glitterbug86

Cool toned... but am I still cool toned with fake tan? + Estee Lauder Double Wear recs

Hi, I hope someone will be able to answer either/both my questions
biggrin.gif

I'm naturally super pale (around NW5 - NW10) and cool toned (pinkish). I like to wear fake tan on nights out or for special occasions. For tan, I wear Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in medium glow pretty much every time but for foundation I tend to mix a few together to get the right colour to match. Btw, I also put the fake tan on my face before foundation.

I now want to buy a foundation especially for use with my fake tan but I'm not sure about something: If I wear cool toned foundation with my natural colouring, do I still need a cool toned foundation with fake tan? Or as fake tan is often kind of brown/orangish do I need a warm toned foundation?

Ideally I know I should try a few foundation shades with the fake tan and I do plan on asking for 2 testers first but I have a wedding to go to soon and I probably wont get a chance to use the testers with the tan until that day so I need to have chosen the right shades. The foundation I'm getting is Estee Lauder Double Wear and I already own the lightest colour 1C1 shell so I can mix that aswell if I need to but I'd really love to find a colour that doesn't need mixing. I once wore 2N2 fresco with the tan and it was ok but maybe a little light and the colour was a little off but I can't remember exactly how.. I think maybe it was a little peachy compared to my body. I've head the N tones are quite peachy but I don't know if I should be looking now towards the C (pinkish tones) or W (yellow tones)? If someone could recommend an actual shade then even better.

Thanks!!