Cool toned e/s on warm skin?

elektra513

Does it look bad?

I was at MAC yesterday and mentioned that I have coquette and brun e/s, and she said that those colors are not for me b/c I have warm skin. I was looking for a cooler highlight color to go with them, but she said I needed a warm highlight. I ended up purchasing Era e/s.

Is this correct?

thelove4tequila

Well I don't care what anyone says (especially MA's) but I'd go with ANY color that you like regardless of skin tone! You can rock it!

I've have no clue what Coquette looks like but I can speak for Brun. She she crazy???? Ugh. I don't get people sometimes. I have it and I think it is a great color for us warm toned chicas. I think maybe she was trying to say that since the eyeshadow color on your lids are more warm, it might look better if you stick with warm highlight also. Just my guess.

BTW, I just have to add my favorite, all time, must have highlight is Ricepaper. Hehe.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Well I don't care what anyone says (especially MA's) but I'd go with ANY color that you like regardless of skin tone! You can rock it!

I've have no clue what Coquette looks like but I can speak for Brun. She she crazy???? Ugh. I don't get people sometimes. I have it and I think it is a great color for us warm toned chicas. I think maybe she was trying to say that since the eyeshadow color on your lids are more warm, it might look better if you stick with warm highlight also. Just my guess.

BTW, I just have to add my favorite, all time, must have highlight is Ricepaper. Hehe.

I have ricepaper; I barely use it. I will work with it some more...

So if you're using a cool toned e/s, and you are warm toned, your highlight should be warm? Or cool?
th_dunno.gif

I'm feeling really slow lately b/c I saw a yt video the other day that said if you're wearing shimmer on the lids your highlight should be matte or satin, and vice versa. Only thing that came to mind when I heard that was, "Oops".
th_dunno.gif
Since then I've been questioning everything I *thought* I knew about makeup...it's normally not that serious for me, but lately...

Naxiaa30

In my opinion, it you are concerned what the combo looks like swatch it on your hand. I do that sometimes when i put looks together. But in regards to which colors. Hell if i see a color i swatch it at the store if i like it i buy it. I have corduroy and I love it. I use it as a base for my crease sometimes. I use the MA’s as a reference not law. Hell the same people who tell you not to use that color can’t match out skin color to foundation. And the whole shimmery eye shadow and matte shadow thing, Hell I didn’t know that either. You weren’t alone…

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila

i totally agree!!! i have a mixture of e/s in my collection (cools and warms) and i dont have a problem with any of them

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxiaa30
Hell the same people who tell you not to use that color can’t match out skin color to foundation.

Good point, lmao
thmbup.gif

lindas1983

Hey if you like the colours and you feel good when you wear them then nevermind if its a cool or warm colour just put it on and enjoy. I wear blues all the time, i know they kinda don't suit me but I love blues and I feel good in them so I wear them, I don't really care what other people say aslong as I feel good.

elektra513

The coquette and brun do look good, I just don't know yet which highlight to use...Thanks everyone. I'll just try it out with different highlights and see which looks best for me.
yes.gif

Naxiaa30

Another thing and then i will stop, it is ALWAYS good to educate yourself and keep up with the current bit of information. But we as artist have to distinguish between fact and opinion, and alot of styles and rules are based off of opinions. If warm skin tone shouldn't wear cool colors then i wouldn't look better in greens than reds. Just food for though ladies....

summer6310

I will go for the cool color with gold sparkle, it makes cool color more wearable.

but I do think all the colors can compliment each other on either cool or warm tone skin if you combine them right.

Latest posts