Coral Crepe and Gazette Grey...What do I do with these???

sweetday

So I stopped at the MAC store yesterday and picked othe of these up. Now I'm thinking I regret buying them. Coral Crepe pp because I dont know what to do with it. I dont know how to work it into a look or waht colors to use it with that I have
th_dunno.gif

Gazette Grey because I keep reading about how sheer the color is...I liked it in the store, but now that I think about it I did sit there and swipe it a few times, so I dont know that its worth keeping. I havent opened it yet so I wonder if they'll re-sell it un used/unopened.

I did try out the pp alone and with a few colors on top, but I dont know how much use I'll really get out of it. I'm wondering if I would have been better off getting something different.
th_confused_new.gif

What do you guys think?

InspiredBlue

MAC doesn't resell returned cosmetics regardless of if the items look used or not. It all goes straight in the trash bin.

Susanne

Maybe you can sell or swap it here in the Clearance Bin?

It would be a pity to bring it back as it would end in the trash.

January

I don't have Gazette Grey... but I do have Coral Crepe. I haven't used it too much yet, but I love Paradisco or Expensive Pink on top.

Chester

So far I've paired Coral Crepe with browns and pinks. Coral Crepe as base, Tissueweight in the inner corner and Cut to Fit into the outer corner and crease. Coral Crepe was in the middle with no e/s on top. I got a few compliments on it.
Another look I did was Coral Crepe as base, Tissueweight in the inner corner, Girlie on the rest of the lid and Da Bling + Perky in the crease. Quite a natural look on me.

Now, Gazette Grey has been my favorite so far. I pair it with Bough Grey or Copplerplate for a subdued but still noticable look. Works great with Vex and Steamy, too. I think anything pale bluish or pale greenish can benefit from Gazette Grey, as well as all the greys and blacks of the world.

Chester

ILoveMakeup84

Also many people are using Coral Crepe as a cream blush! And I've seen pictures an it looks gorgeous and they say it has great staying power so maybe give a try like that... I just bought one online today and can't wait to get it!
greengrin.gif

sss215

Coral Crepe on the lid, gazette grey in the outer V. that is the first way i wore them, very pretty!

Karen_B

Coral Crepe on the lid as a base, Motif over that, and then Gazette Grey in the crease. Or you could use a warm brown in the crease, along the lines of Mulch.
Gazette Grey would look really nice in the crease, with a neutral beige or other light colour on the lid. Someone posted in the PaP thread they had put Vanilla e/s on the lid and then GG in the crease.

Why not check out the FOTD section? Might get some ideas from there!

LMD84

awww it'd be a shame to get rid of them before you have had a chance to play with them!

i don't have gg but do have the paint pot. i like using it as a base for golden/coral shadows. for example is is a great base for pigments such as pink bronze, royal flush, tan, melon.... then i use a darker purples colour in the crease like sketch... makes a beautiful look
smiles.gif

CajunFille'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbecker87
Sumptuous Olive with Gazette Grey in the outer corner/crease for a greeny-grey smokey eye. HOT!

thmbup.gif
I'm definitely giving this a try with my Mink & Sable. Sounds gorgeous.