Coral Lipstick Help

Lady_Danger

Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right place to be asking this
smiles.gif
I did a quick search through the forum as well as online and haven't found a definitive answer. I'm looking for the lipstick Kate Nash is wearing in the Do Wah Doo video - I've been obsessed with it ever since the music video was released but can't seem to put my finger on exactly what shade it is as I don't own any coral shades from MAC and this seems like the ideal colour. The lipstick in the video definitely looks like a MAC tube;
2z8nlgy.png

se98wx.png

As she seems to be around an NC15/20 (around the same skin tone as myself) I'm leaning towards thinking it's Costa Chic over Vegas Volt as whenever I've swatched Vegas Volt it's very red toned against my skin. Looking at the lipstick in the different lighting used through the video it's deinitely got a peach-y undertone rather than straight up bright coral. The only thing that's making me think it's not Costa Chic is the fact that it's a frost finish. If anyone has any ideas of what it might be it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Rachel

rosegasm

i'm not 100% sure which one it is she is using specifically, but it looks an awfully lot like 'ever hip' from the liberty collection. at least similar in coloring with my skintone (nc30-35)

rosegasm

hm.. possibly even ravishing? i remember going for a coraly pinky lippy a few months back and i was about to pay for ravishing until i saw ever hip. and i didn't look back, lol.

Lady_Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
Have they yellowed the color of the film a little to look 70s?

Hmm from the behind the scenes stuff I've seen some parts of the music video definitely seem a little more yellow toned like in the first image, I'm thinking it's more from the lighting used, but it's always a possibility that they added an effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosegasm
hm.. possibly even ravishing? i remember going for a coraly pinky lippy a few months back and i was about to pay for ravishing until i saw ever hip. and i didn't look back, lol.

I've just been looking at Ravishing, it looks like a good possibility! I completely regret not getting Ever Hip, it's originally what I went in for and ended up getting Petals & Peacocks instead for no apparent reason, I think I was just sucked in by the colour. When I went back to pick it up it was already sold out in store and online
ssad.gif

loudhearted

It also looks like Dressmaker Dressmaker from the recent Pret A Papier collection with liner or Lip Erase under it (though I guess if the video was filmed before Pret A Papier was released in late April this wouldn't be possible
th_dunno.gif
)

Latest posts