CORAL me up! (and a first date? Gah!)

gigiopolis

I seriously love anything coral. Bags, shoes, tops, nail polish, makeup (of course!). Definitely my favourite colour family of blushes and lipsticks. <3 Ironically, the second picture is just for fun...black and white, and there's no coral to speak of. Haha. :p Hope you like it anyway!

FACE
Clinique Superfit foundation
Bobbi Brown concealer
Benefit Powderflage
Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder
MAC Mineralize blush - Nuance
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Redhead
CARGO matte bronzer - medium

EYES
Urban Decay Get Baked Eye Kit - Half Baked, Twice Baked, Baked
MAC Femme Fi e/s
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
MAC Dark Devotion e/s (brows)

LIPS
Estee Lauder Signature l/s - Spiced Coral

dsc07702e.jpg

dsc07703y.jpg

dsc07710v.jpg

Oh yeah, and I guess I should mention that I'm going on my first date...um, ever, tomorrow. Yes, I'm a bit of a latecomer to the party lmao. Thoughts on the outfit? (No makeup on, hah) :)

NudeLook

Very pretty. I think it translates really well to black and white! I like the highlighting under the eye.

Side note, did you know that sometimes when movies and TV were filmed in black and white, the would do a screen test and choose the colors/shades that were captured best on black and white film regardless of whether or not they clashed in color? This was done on low budget, why spend the money if you aren't going to see the color anyway? I learned that in photography class when we were working in black and white.

shadowaddict

^^^Interesting. I didn't know that, pretty cool.

Your look is gorgeous. I love that lip color. I love corals also so I'm going to have to go check that one out.

Khalia25

Goooorgeous!!!!

Good luck on your date tonight. Just relax and have fun!

The outfit is perfect for a date! Enjoy!!

gigiopolis

Thank you everybody! Yes, this is definitely one of my favourite lipsticks ever. Such a gorgeous soft coral <3 Oh and the date went well :)
Very pretty. I think it translates really well to black and white! I like the highlighting under the eye.

Side note, did you know that sometimes when movies and TV were filmed in black and white, the would do a screen test and choose the colors/shades that were captured best on black and white film regardless of whether or not they clashed in color? This was done on low budget, why spend the money if you aren't going to see the color anyway? I learned that in photography class when we were working in black and white.
Oh that's interesting! Yeah I guess in black and white you don't really need to worry about the colour/hue so much as the shade - you could probably just use some blue lipstick and it would still look good!

Mrs.JC

i'm right with you on the coral love. and you and your makeup are gorgeous! i hope your date went excellently. ;)