Corpsepaint

sharyn

I'll do corpsepaint on a friend and since it's my first time trying something other than "normal" make up, I need all the tips and suggestions I can get
smiles.gif

How do you do it? White foundation first and the black afterwards? what's your technique? What products and brushes do you use?
My main concern is weather I should apply black "blush" - I mean give a hollow effect to the cheeks by placing black/dark color under the cheekbone and what to do with the mouth area. Wanted to do a sewn up effect but I dont know how to master that... Any tips and answers are highly appreciated.

Thank you!!
bouquet.gif

prplgrapesmakup

I suggest you try using Ben Nye's Deathflesh color, it is really pasty but not white. Its a good color for that death look, also RCMA has a good death color, but if you want the basics, try a light pasty flesh color (not really white as it gets to clownish), mix a little grey color, and a little blue clor, work until you get a nice deathy color. And if you want a sickly dead look, you can add a yellowish-green color. PLay until you get something you like.

Amaranth

Don't worry, I'm a metalhead and know exaaactly what you're going for with the corpsepaint thing.

You should use a dry cake (one that you add water to to get it going, likely found at a theatrical make-up store) white paint for the base, as it won't crease around the mouth and eyes as easily. Also, it won't feather the black you add on top as easily, since the creamier foundations will sort of absorb the dark make-up you put on top. Don't forget to do the neck as well!

As for the black, it would probably be easiest to draw on what you want with liquid eyeliner, then fill it in with either black cake make-up or more liquid liner. Using all liquid liner will probably take a while and be quite expensive, but using a powder or cream will smudge much easier.

And for the sewn-up look, I think it would look better if you used something red, then put more black liquid liner on top in hatch marks to look like stitches. Try not to make them all horizontal, make them crooked, maybe a few X-shaped stitches every now and then to make it a bit more realistic. Red eyeshadow would probably be the easiest to work with in this situation, as you can blend it outwards to make it look like an open sore that has been stitched. True red eyeshadows are hard to find, Make-Up Forever makes one, called Scarlet 99 I believe, that would work quite nicely. You could also try MAC Paint in Flammable, but it'll be a bit harder to work with. But luckily, once those paints are on, they ain't goin nowheres. If you REALLY wanna get super fancy (which you probably don't, but I'll say it anyway), Make-Up Forever also manufactures some really cool stage effect make-up that can actually make the cuts look raised and swollen. Which would be hella bad-ass, IMO.

So that's about all I can offer you...I can't say I've actually tried doing corpsepaint before, but I've painted mime faces on other people for Halloween before, and this is the way I did it. If you avoid cremes and powders, it stays quite smudge-free for a while. Good luck, hope this helps, let me know how it goes!