Correct or Conceal for under eye dark circles?

Jheneyah

I was just wondering what products others use and their regime on hiding dark circles under eyes.

I've tried correcting with a salmon colored corrector before foundation application. I then tried applying foundation first and used MAC's NC35 (close to my skin colour).

Both didn't work for me, as a final result I found both cakey, especially after applying powder to set.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

shellygrrl

Staff member
NC35 in which foundation? And which corrector were you using? Do you moisturize or use an eye cream in your undereye area before applying foundation? Did you use a face primer first?

Jheneyah

I always moisturize then use a face primer. I don't use any eye cream at all.

When correcting I use Ben Nye, with concealer I use Mac's Studio Finish NC35 or Inglot's Cream Concealer 67.

Foundation wise I use Inglot's Cream YSM 51

shellygrrl

Staff member
Studio Finish can be a bit heavy for under the eyes. You want something with a lighter consistency than Studio Finish, something that will glide on a bit easier and won't cake up. A few options are the Eve Pearl Salmon Treatment and Concealer (either Tan or Dark, probably Tan?), Bobbi Brown Corrector in one of the Bisque or Peach shades (either would work for dark circles), NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, MAC Moisturecover.

Jheneyah

Awesome!!

Yeah I thought the MAC concealer was a bit heavy as the sales assistant advised it even covers tattoos. The consistency is drier then I thought where as the Inglot Concealer glides on easier and smoothly but didn't have a great coverage, maybe I didn't put enough on??

Thanks for your help, I'll definitely have to try one of those :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yeah I thought the MAC concealer was a bit heavy as the sales assistant advised it even covers tattoos. The consistency is drier then I thought where as the Inglot Concealer glides on easier and smoothly but didn't have a great coverage, maybe I didn't put enough on??
Or perhaps it's just too light a coverage for your liking? Another option you can check out is OCC Skin Conceal (R2 or 3?). I think it has a similar consistency to the discontinued MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (which I would've recommended in my earlier post but didn't for obvious reasons ;)), which was very creamy and almost gel-like.